• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon Lizotte Signature Bag - A Large Grip EQ A15

Reniger

* Ace Member *
http://www.discmania.net/2015/11/06/introducing-the-lizotte-disc-golf-grip-eq-bag/
Lizotte_Grip6-800px.jpg

Coming in time for the holidays in a limited release with larger main compartment, expandable side pockets, custom color and Lizotte Disc Golf graphics. In addition, with all Innova branded signature lines, a contribution will be made to funding Simon's touring.

the screen printing is awwwwwful!

Yup.

The 'eye' in the Lizotte logo seems to not come out well in printing / stamping. I thought it was an acorn or similar nut for awhile.

... Add a couple attachment loops in mind for simple cart disc golfers, I I would consider.

Easily, but that's like saying that a Chevy HHR is a bit less ugly than a Chrysler PT cruiser.

AHHHAHHAHAHAHA! So much truth! But, as a Non-Grip Fan, I still think this is one of the best looking GEQ bags made... I just don't like any design they make. They all seem clunky and cumbersome. I'll take my UPD all day - even with less storage.

I really don't understand why disc golf manufacturers have embraced this ridiculous graphic design ethos where bags all have to be wrapped in this gross branding / technicolor day glow colorways / absurd all-over printing. There are ways of achieving brand recognition without making everything look like it was designed by a rejected intern candidate for a NASCAR team. Nike gets to make lots of stupid looking shoes that look like they have been thrown up on by someone who has indulged in a bit too much blue Boone's Farm, but that's because they have a stable brand that is 40 years old - a brand, I might add, that started out based on the simplest of logos, a logo that is more well-known than the concept of Jesus Christ.

Seriously, bag manufacturers. . . ENOUGH with the wrap around screening and circus colorways. It makes your gear look cheap and looks ridiculous on the course. Just because you have the technology to make stuff using every available color of material and can screen print all around a product doesn't mean you have to do it on every single product.

Imagine the original Air Jordans with the name JORDAN in huge letters all over it, with one side plastered with MOST AMAZING DUNKER EVER. No thanks.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why disc golf manufacturers have embraced this ridiculous graphic design ethos where bags all have to be wrapped in this gross branding / technicolor day glow colorways / absurd all-over printing. There are ways of achieving brand recognition without making everything look like it was designed by a rejected intern candidate for a NASCAR team. Nike gets to make lots of stupid looking shoes that look like they have been thrown up on by someone who has indulged in a bit too much blue Boone's Farm, but that's because they have a stable brand that is 40 years old - a brand, I might add, that started out based on the simplest of logos, a logo that is more well-known than the concept of Jesus Christ.

Seriously, bag manufacturers. . . ENOUGH with the wrap around screening and circus colorways. It makes your gear look cheap and looks ridiculous on the course. Just because you have the technology to make stuff using every available color of material and can screen print all around a product doesn't mean you have to do it on every single product.

Imagine the original Air Jordans with the name JORDAN in huge letters all over it, with one side plastered with MOST AMAZING DUNKER EVER. No thanks.

Agreed my girlfriend watches a lot of fashion shows lol, and I always see the judges telling designers to edit because there's too much crap going on simple can be pleasing and 9 times out of 10 it's better than cluttered up crap.

In general terms I understand your rant but not in regards to this bag. It is red. Red is a very common color. Red is in fact the reason the Air Jordan 1 was a "revolutionary" shoe. Red also happens to be discmania's "signature" color. As far as the screen printing goes it isn't really over the top at all. It is custom enough to make you aware as to who's bag it is and why they were awarded with a signature bag. Less than 1/2 of the bag has screen printing on it.

I love Discmania but I'm not a fan of this bag. Really don't care for the new Grips at all. However this is awesome for Simon!

Being a discmaniac myself I do not find this bag appealing but I have also never been a "fan". I will never put another mans name on my back or my bag. I personally like the ax15 and I actually just ordered a camo one Sunday night. I have yet to see a bag that holds up better than a grip so I finally bit the bullet after having my luxury E2 wear out on me in a year.

...which is why I carry a black Mahal, and that 0/4 of my DG bags have factory graphics. Solid colors and/or understated color schemes for the win.

ranger_b.jpg

barf.