• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simple little putting game

acrosley

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Putt 3 times each from 11 feet, 22 feet, 33 feet. Then go back to 22 feet, then 11 feet. Scoring is as follows…

11 feet - 1 point for each make, 5 total if make all 3

22 feet - 5 points each make, 20 total for all 3

33 feet - 15 each make, 60 total all 3

22 feet - 10 points each make, 40 total all 3

11 feet - 3 points each make, 15 total for all 3

You can tweak the distance and points, but the key concept is you get rewarded for making all 3 at each interval. The increased score for the repeat rounds as you get closer simulate the pressure of a birdie putt from a range that you would otherwise be comfortable at

If my math is right a perfect score would be 140 (make all 15 throws). Thinking about how I might do & considering how bad I am at DG, I think I would do well to score over 30. This has made me interested to try it however.

Nice plan. Sounds fun. I am curious to see how I would score.

Don't forget to factor in the wind. Start at North 11 feet, at 22 feet move to East, 33 feet move to South,
22 feet move to West, and back to North for the final 11 footers.

This gives you head, cross, and tailwind putts.

or just throw 1 complete set from each direction, either way, figuring out the wind is the hard part. (after 10 years of playing, on my upshots, I am getting better about remembering - "if I miss, where do I need to be to have a tailwind putt".

Reminds me of this:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113138

You're rewarded for better putting because the longer putts are worth more points, and the only way to get to the max point set is to make all 5 in any given set.

Somewhere in that thread is also a link to an app for tracking performances that stores your scores with a cookie so that you can compare performance over time.

So I tried this (it wasn't pretty) seems like I have some work to do.

11 ft- 2 makes (2 points)
22 ft- 2 makes (10 points)
33 ft- 0 makes (0 points)
22 ft- 0 makes (0 points)
11 ft- 3 makes (15 points)
Total 27 points out of a possible 140

Latest posts