• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Site News / Announcement

That's probably the way to go about it still. If you don't see action on it, just send me a pm and I'll get to it.

You the man. Thanks.

I'm late to the news, too. Don't really have much time to play anymore, but as a an early adopter I'm still happy to keep my premium membership and and check in once in a while. Still have my bag in my closet; maybe I'll get back to playing again one of these days. There are certainly plenty of highly rated courses up here in the PNW.

TimG, loved being able to play with you both in your home state and in Michigan. You probably remember me as the guy whose car broke down on the way to Flip City. Glad to see you're going to be free to pursue other interests. :clap:

I like this right here. I've mentioned in many reviews that I'd *ideally rate* something as a 4.25 but I give it the benefit of the doubt. So, 4.5 it is. While not perfect, it's perfectly fine.
You know, I've internally grumped and whined about not having quarter point increments while writing a lot of reviews, and like Wolf, have mentioned it in more than a few. As I sit here and debate the merits of leaving things as is vs. adding the "feature" I've always thought I wanted, I come down on the side of leaving things alone for two reasons:

1. Having to decide if something is a 3.5 or a 4 makes me stop and think. Having to decide between a 4.5 and a 5 REALLY puts the screws to me. I think we end up with better, more accurate scores from the majority of the reviewers who put thought and time into what they write by forcing these choices. Which leads me to:

2. As others have said it's not about MY review, it's about the aggregate. Having the wider spread of scores prevents someone from just lazily handing out a 4.75 to a course they really love but that doesn't meet the criteria to be a 5.

Either way, looking forward to seeing what the future holds and best wishes to Tim!