• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Slightly US Fairway

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm in need of something to slide into the bag that is between my Volts (which are straight-to-fade for me) and my Rivers (which workably flip). I'm manufacturer-agnostic. Bonus if it's available in the mid-upper 160's.

I think the FD and River are too similar, and it sounds like you're using your River like I'd use a Patriot. I think a Phenom is a good suggestion. A Mantis might fit between there. I've only thrown one Plasma Volt...

Rivers can vary a lot...if it is the kind that hyzer flips to turnover and keeps gliding right, then an FD is a good pairing.

S-FD is the first and obvious choice, followed by a lighter wt. Star TL. A Champion Leopard3 would work, also.

Star TL is a great suggestion if you want something on the more stable end of neutral. FD is kind of -1/1 and TL is more -0.5/1.5. Depends on how hard you throw obviously. Both are great discs and IMO more reliable than the River.

Star TL is a great suggestion if you want something on the more stable end of neutral. FD is kind of -1/1 and TL is more -0.5/1.5. Depends on how hard you throw obviously. Both are great discs and IMO more reliable than the River.

^^^ This.

A Star TL will season in over time, as well, and will be an awesome flex disc.

I'm going to try out my new Cyborg from Arsenal Discs today. It sounds like it might fit that slot nicely.

I don't think I've got loads to add that's new, but this is a disc that is important to me and my game. As a newish player, I don't have crushing armspeed/power, so fairway drivers are my bread and butter driver.

In order of most 'neutral' to stable, I'd say FD, TL, TL3, Thief. The Thief was weird in that it would take and hold anny well, but then have reliable fade. So, great for flex shots. The TL was ALMOST as good as the FD, but never felt like it had the effortless glide of the FD. The TL3 felt essentially identical to the FD, IMO. All of these were Star/S-Line plastic, high 160s to low 170s weight, except for the Thief, which was Lucid, 172g.

I'm beating in a new S-line FD right now. Very neutral, very VERY glidey.

I also throw Volts, and I bag a pair of mid-160s Star Valkyries in the slot you're looking for. They fly true to the flight numbers (-2/2) for me.