• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Slower Wraith?

Strikers very similar though in speed. even though i agree. I would say if your are looking for something that isnt a true distance driver go eagle.

I like the QOLS for wraith-like shots. Can't go wrong with a Beast I guess. I love the JLS too.

This should help explain what he means.

both-eagles.jpg

So the Eagle-X has something resembling the Groove, but smaller and doesn't suck, while the Eagle-L is just normal?

Edit: Nevermind. That sound like logic I don't want to argue with right now

Great suggestion!

So the Eagle-X has something resembling the Groove, but smaller and doesn't suck, while the Eagle-L is just normal?

no no no no

there is nothing resembling a "Groove" on the EX

the Groove had a hollowed out section of the wing

the notch that people refer to on the EX (and other "X" mold discs) is a small flattened (so to speak) part at the beginning of the wing under the nose

the L is not simply "normal" the wing is flat

this difference you will see on Teebids vs TL (Teebird L)
or current Champ Monster vs Star Monster

Q: "I need something slower than a wraith"
A: "You should try a wraith"

Throwing lower speed discs ,I doubt its "easy" for him to get up to speed...at fairway distances. Maybe he is really looking for a wraith and just made up this thread to waste space.

Maybe you're right? I dunno?

Q: "I need something slower than a wraith"
A: "You should try a wraith"

Throwing lower speed discs ,I doubt its "easy" for him to get up to speed...at fairway distances. Maybe he is really looking for a wraith and just made up this thread to waste space.

Maybe you're right? I dunno?
A Pro Wraith is a completely different animal from a Star or Champ. It's more workable and a little easier to power down when new. One that's used is actually a decent answer since it will take less power to get it to fly like a Wraith should. I'm guessing you haven't thrown one though.

Had you stopped at your first reply, it would've been somewhat insightful, albeit trolling since you didn't provide your own option (something you have yet to do). Continuing on and reposting twice a half hour apart means you've been sitting around trying to think of a way to slam a post. Maybe you should turn off your PC and go throw some plastic instead of taking a post on an internet forum so seriously.

Eagle X - bead on the bottom of the outsidge edge of the rim
Eagle L - no bead

Eagle X can be very overstable, i wouldnt suggest it based on what the OP is saying. Sounds to be like a star or pro beast would be more ideal, maybe even a TL, which is a beadless Teebird

The bead refers to the "bump" at the inside diameter of the wing, not the outside. Technically it would be that the wing has a smaller diameter than the rim.

Atvan, look up a Groove on Innova's website and look at the wing profile, and you'll understand that the Eagle is nothing like it. The Monarch is the only disc similar to a groove.

I throw a wraith/surge for distance and when I power down I really like lighter dx eagles (x not l). I like my wraiths at 175 but my eagles at 167ish.

How is a pro wraith different from "somethng slower than a wraith" tbird? You and ceteebird must know each other. and yes, i have thrown just about every wraith there is, i have two in my bag, on pro one augusta

Since you carry a Pro Wraith, you should know that, as it gets beaten, you can flip it, roll it, or you can power down on it and continue to have a little more versatility with it. Wouldn't someone with less power than you be able to take advantage of that lack of stability and therefore have a shorter Wraith?

...You and ceteebird must know each other...
Making an asinine statement doesn't solidify your case. It just makes you look asinine.

Eagle x for a much slower version, opto striker or C-line PD for a bit faster.

I would not suggest a pro wraith to fill a spot as a slower wraith. Yes it is easier to get up to power but it thrown with decent power it doesn't really act like a star or champ wraith.

Try an orc, I was playing doubles with one of the course pros the other night, and he was talking about how everyone threw orcs and beasts before the wraith came out. Slightly smaller rim with a little less glide.

Latest posts