• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Slower Wraith?

if you can almost or just sometimes get a wraith up to speed try a starfire or an orc ,

also a new(unthrown) max weight valkiryie might work

Never thrown a Wraith but was thinking closer to speed 6-8ish, fairway drivers.

Never thrown a Wraith but was thinking closer to speed 6-8ish, fairway drivers.
to get a fairway up to speed you still have to throw 300+ft

try an overstable or stable disc in a lighter weight ,

i would suggest an orc , i have a champ orc that weighs 163 , which is low for these types of discs.

the orc is a speed 10 , which means it will go faster through the air than a fairway.

basically just find something fast in good plastic thats stable to overstable

also the orion ls can be found in lighter weights

Atvan, a P-Line PD is a good choice if you want a disc that can power down well and maybe cover a fairway slot. If your looking for a disc intended as a maximum distance driver but do not have the desire to go Wraith speed, I would suggest a OLF either Q or S (generally 1.1 is a tad less stable, and 1.2 is more stable). If you are looking for a fairway driver with Wraith like flight, a Eagle X is a excellent choice.

Really, any of the above discs are great and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

If you're looking for a disc in the 6-8 speed range, the Eagle-X is a great choice.

Out of sheer curiosity, why do you want to mimic the flight of a mold you've never thrown?

i would also suggest the eagle x id get a star one just cuz they say sex on the bottom :D

Orc is 1 speed slower than the Wraith with the same high speed turn and fade...and a much better disc all around.

If you're looking for a disc in the 6-8 speed range, the Eagle-X is a great choice.

Out of sheer curiosity, why do you want to mimic the flight of a mold you've never thrown?

I was thinking this was a good solution. I also think that a pro wraith might work too as they are slower then their champ and star brothers and loose some stability decently fast. These also have really good glide.

Cheers - Koffee

Yeah, it sorta is a little hard to answer since OP hasn't thrown a Wraith before. lol. Maybe a description of how he's seen that disc fly and wants to duplicate would help.

Straight up best answer in the fairway range is definitely the Eagle - x or l, either way, depending on the wind or your power. A slower driver that you might consider in the fairway category is the Viking. If you can't power up a Wraith and/or your power level is borderline in the 9-speed area, the Viking will be very much like a Wraith's normal flat flight at proper speed. Comfy in the hand, great and very underrated disc.

Latest posts