• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Slowest, most overstable disc?

I don't think that disc exists yet brodachrome... I did the same search and ended up using harps for awhile but they're the textbook definition of a longer zone. I just gave up on that "line" and played a little differently.

Thread title was slowest most OS disc not putter. Just trying to help, gaaaaaaah:)

Wait a minute I think the vibram vp might be the answer here. Even though I'm boycotting dem cowardly boiz.

So is this your putter, or driving putter, or approach putter?

If this is strictly a putter, you may need to lock at your form first.

I've thrown a zone a harp a VP a sinus a drone, all the slow OS stuff. I really think your best bet is a zone. I haven't found anything else as OS that also has as little glide as a zone

That sounds like a novel disc haha. I used to covet overstable discs so naturally I threw a zone in the bag for a while but eventually figured out that they were just too overstable for my taste. I have it in the car but I've never desired to pull it back out yet, I guess it's just never really scary windy when I'm playing. I do like throwing a really overstable pred or force sometimes though. I do have a sinus that I like a whole lot but the majority of the time I reach for a straighter and an understable putter. The sinus is not the disc you're looking for. It has a shape similar to the credo in Mike's video, but damn that credo is your best bet. Not that it looks any more overstable than my zone, just slower. I also heard the blizzard pigs are dirty but pigs aren't much slower than a zone.

VP is my suggestion. Slower and about as OS as a Zone (granted, I haven't thrown Zones a lot, so grain of salt and all that).

Rhyno? I've never thrown one but I thought I'd suggest it.

Had a great approach with my Zone today. Just wanted to throw that in there :p. I agree with Koda though, it is a fast disc for a putter. It tends to overshoot things.

it is a driving and approach putter i'm looking for. i drive with my polecats the majority of the time.

sounds like i will have to try a VP again and a pig for the first time as well as take my current zone in and find one with a higher PLH. i remember the VP gave me problems with its huge deep dish and bead but now that i'm comfortable driving my KC aviars that problem will probably not exist. maybe a credo, but it really does look like a tweener too. too many tweeners.

it definitely is a novel idea: a disc that is super slow and not aerodynamic, just hating the idea of flight and getting to the ground . . . but it would have its uses, especially since i am not the best at powering down or adjusting hyzer angles to compensate for the full ESP zone flight and fade. sometimes it just stays in the air too long.

good to know that i haven't just missed the boat; it really is a gap that manufacturers can't seem to fill.

wish someone would make it.

**edit

and my apologies for not being clear - it is simply a putter i'm searching for that can match the zone in wind resistance, yet also slower and less airtime. i couldn't really change the title after i made it.

Last edited:
With how beefy a light 160's creedo is I can't imagine how a max weight (180g) one in a premium plastic would be. The only ones I ever see for sale are 160's.

I am sure that would be it, someone just needs to tell Germany that's what golfers want.

VP is probably worth a shot, not fast and not much glide at all. My pig is longer and faster than the VP's I've thrown, although my pig is a lighter one. Champ blizzard pigs might even be better than a VP for what you want.

Champ rhyno all the way. It won't get as far left because it will get to the ground first. Glideless hunks of junk but it sounds like that's what you're looking for.

Pig is what you seek. Rhyno is its little brother at speed 2 while the Pig is speed 3, but they're pretty much the same and both will be shorter than a Zone with plenty of dump. Actually I think the Pig is the most overstable putter in existence in terms of hss...you won't flip one under power. Stock R-Pro Pigs are fine but will beat in straighter (still very os, though). The old Pro Pigs were awesome but those aren't cheap to buy now if you can find them...heard good things about the champ Pigs, though. The two Pigs I've had both seemed beefier than the Sinuses I tried. Either one would be a good choice and both will be shorter than a new Zone.

If you can get your hands on a blizzard Pig, that will make you happy.

My Evo Wizard is hands down the shortest disc in my bag. I'd trust it in any headwind, but it doesn't fade like a Zone. Zones are sleek and sneaky. The combination of the two would be perfect for you.

Maybe the mfg's will have a new arms race for slowest disc. "Speed 0!"

Doesn't get much slower and beefier than a ESP Zone IMO. Although sometimes I feel my Zones fly farther than my FAF Firebirds.
Same here, summer I carry a Cryztal Zone, winter I carry a ESP Zone.
Both will go farther and don't have as much dump to the ground, as my FAF Glow Firebird.
But I am a noodle arm.
I know not a putter.