• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SmashBoxxTV Podcast

Not exactly Stand & Deliver, just no follow through. You can X-step pretty easily without your non-plant foot stepping past your lie upon release.

I like the stay behind lie on release, saying no follow through to me implies the hand can't move past either. As they said, it would be great to implement this everywhere except for tee (maybe drop zone) throws, as trying to determine the 10M distance can be difficult at best. Was on a card once where 3 people paced it 1 said he was outside, 2 said he was inside, so they wanted a 3rd to be impartial. Talk about time consuming.
I also like the idea of a small circle that you don't have to hole out from. That's the way most people, including myself, play casually and even leagues anyway.

I do not like the different basket size. Would all the current courses be grandfathered in, or need to have their baskets replaced. If they're grandfathered in, and new courses get different size, seems like that would really mess with someone when they go to a different course with the new sized basket.

An interesting twist would be to allow players the option to release farther behind their lie as long as their follow through foot landed on the 30 cm behind the mark. So those who were coordinated enough to run-up and release with a follow through could do so as long as they were precise enough with their footwork.

Listening to the DG Guy and his compadre small talk banter is more awkward than telling dirty jokes to my mother-in-law. I think there should be a circle around the basket instead of no follow throughs, kind of like a three point line. Some of my local courses nail down small rope at 30 ft and leave it year round. It's used as an island during club events. I'm sure Fleddy wouldn't approve , but it does makes things a lot easier. As for Steve Dodge, he has a senator Obama charisma vibe going on. He was a good first guest.

Decent show, but it felt a little long due to the non informative banter.
DiscFifty, I am just looking at the feedback for some of the eps that we have done so far. I totally agree that in our first episode there was a lot of banter that was NOT DG related. It was our first show and we wanted to give people a general idea of where we were coming from.

If you listen to some of the newer ones, the "history" is gone and we focus a lot more on the topics at hand. It doesn't make the show any shorter, but it is more focused.

Thanks for giving us whatever time you have. We hope that you and others will continue to tune in.

We are always open to feedback, and segment ideas.

ah, so ricky was winning a tournament during the memorial signups.

good thing so many of you in the other thread said he should get his priorities straight

:rolleyes: