• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SmashBoxxTV Podcast

I believe live events just get added to the library after so might take some editing on their side and understand the time involved even in just loading some of the files etc to cut in half so who knows for sure.

I Don't mind how long it is now but can see where it could cause some hiccups. Even posting this last night was a little slower and it didn't load well in chrome, IE, YT app etc...

Aftershow thoughts???

So, from what I am gathering, people like the aftershow? I know it is a LOT to take in at one time. But that is some of the beauty of a podcast. Watching it when you want.

A couple of thoughts.
1. Would you like the aftershow as an additional separate audio podcast episode? It wouldn't be too much more work for me.

2. The reason why we don't separate the YouTube live into a separate show is because we would have to send everyone to a new live stream webpage and I don't know how many people would do that. We could test it next time and move over to another YT stream we have pre-setup. It is not possible to split it up after the fact. Or we TOTALLY would.

I also would prefer it to be a separate podcast...

Love the show by the way...

Thanks. And we will start putting the after show as a separate episode.

Definitely love the show but way too long for me. I tend to lose interest at about 30-45 minute. The adult attention span is 20 minutes average so having a podcast at 1 hr 45 minutes is like way too long not to mention 2 hrs and something. Kind of why after the first few I did I tried to keep it to max 45 mins to an hour!! Probably the limit for most disc golfers!! After three years I learned that lesson as I watched people drop off the chat board after 30 minutes.

In the end though I love the show and Terry is awesome. I worked with him for 3 years and I am glad to see him do this finally. The production quality is great and beats the hell out of anything we did on DGTR. I wish him the best!!

Thanks for the input Chainchaser. I don't think that we will ever get down to 45 minutes for our normal weekly podcasts. But, you feel that they are too long, I highly recommend downloading them as a podcast and you can either break up your listening into smaller parts. Or many podcast apps let you listen to them at a higher speed. I like anywhere from 1.5 to 1.7 speed. The voices don't sound too off, and you can get through them in 2/3s the time or so.

Enjoy!

Good tip on going to 1.5-1.7 speed. You could always just skip over my segment too and go straight to the guest :)

Two bits of feedback:
First, I love all things Disc Golf, but anything over 45 minutes to an hour is too long. Maybe the occasional special, but 2.5 hours is more than I want to even start.
Second, when I see the title in YouTube, the only part of the title that I see is "SmashBoxxTV Podcast #13 - Jonny V & The Disc Golf" I might be tempted to watch if I actually knew who the guest was. Can you change the title around so I can see who the guest is without starting the podcast? Surely, I'm not the only one having this problem...

Two bits of feedback:
First, I love all things Disc Golf, but anything over 45 minutes to an hour is too long. Maybe the occasional special, but 2.5 hours is more than I want to even start.
Second, when I see the title in YouTube, the only part of the title that I see is "SmashBoxxTV Podcast #13 - Jonny V & The Disc Golf" I might be tempted to watch if I actually knew who the guest was. Can you change the title around so I can see who the guest is without starting the podcast? Surely, I'm not the only one having this problem...

They typically have all the pro interviews done between around an hour or so each episode. The stuff following the interviews is them talking over various questions, topics of interacting with the live chat. In previous episoded they even made an effort to call out when the live broadcast ends and the rest being for youtube. But if you do have the extra time to watch the full episode it is well worth it :)

Two bits of feedback:
DiscJunkie, the suggestion on the name of the video podcast has been duly noted. In fact it was discussed last night after we went off the air. The audio podcast is renamed to reflect that and most likely we will rename the video ones too in the future.

And the suggestion about timing. I know that we will NEVER get under 1.5 hours for a normal podcast. There is just too much to talk about. First half hour is usually Dana event updates & general notes and suggestions about the show. Second half hour is always the guest. And Third half hour is news and tips. But, if you are an audio listener, you can always listen to us sped up. That is how I listen to most of my podcasts.

But, if you look at the YouTube page, Terry has put a link as to when the aftershow starts. And you know when to quit watching the regular show because the show theme plays and we end it. I will admit that a 2.5 hour show is a LOT to take in, but we have a lot of fun doing it, and as long as people watch we like to "play". Last night we had 100 people hang out after the show to just chat and listen. It still boggles me!

And we keep getting suggestions as to additional segments to ADD. A legal segment, a rules segment, a social media segment with Liz D. I can't imagine these would be on every podcast, but there is so much to talk about these days. What a great time we live in.

Thanks for giving us a shot. I think that if you watch or listen. You will enjoy it. We grow on people. ;)