• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Smoke the chains with a Roach

I love my Big Z Roaches but I'd also like to see them in regular Z as well. Probably would only use them for FH's and use the Big Z for all BH's.

So I've been out of disc golf for about 6 years, elbow issues from trying to throw like a scalded ape, caught a random jomez disc golf video on youtube and got interested again, figured it would be a good thing to introduce my girlfriend to and something we could enjoy together, I dropped the scalded ape throw and now am attempting smooth and slow.

Anyhow we're sitting on the sofa one night watching tv and I'm browsing some of the new discs that have came out and came across the Roach, I thought the stamp was great, showed it to her and she loved it, 2 min later I've ordered one for her.

Now I find this thread and see the complaining about some over the name and stamp. Well both my gilfriend and I are mid 40s, decent white collar jobs, don't use drugs (don't care if others do as long as it'd not harmful) and both of us liked it, she so much she wanted the disc. I don't see anything wrong with it, pretty cool design if you ask me, that couple with the wordplay on approach makes it a pretty clever labeling on Discrafts part.

But some people always need something to cry about...

Last edited:
I don't care for the picture or name myself, but still don't ever see this disc coming out of my bag. There are other putters that fly the same, but no other putter (afaik) has the feel of the Roach: a perfectly rounded rim with no bead. I've never felt a putter with that profile that wasn't a super worn Voodoo or Summit. If they do exist, they probably don't come in a plastic blend that is consistent with the rest of my bag.

I played the 40th WTO(Am) this past weekend and the Roach (and Zone) got me nearly all my 3s on the par 4s of the weekend.

I don't care for the picture or name myself, but still don't ever see this disc coming out of my bag. There are other putters that fly the same, but no other putter (afaik) has the feel of the Roach: a perfectly rounded rim with no bead.

I've decided it's not the putter I'm looking for but it's a great thrower. Does it remind you of a slower Buzzz when thrown hard?

love the roach as a thrower keep trying to like it a s a putter but don't. to me the roach is a slower mako. and just a great point and shoot disc. I pair my roaches with a couple breaker to cover all my throwing putter needs.

love the roach as a thrower keep trying to like it a s a putter but don't.....

I bought 6 Jawbreakers and 2 Soft Xs to see if I could get down to using the same putter for putting and throwing duties. They putted the same as my Challengers in and out of the circle (nose-up-spin putt, other styles may vary, idk), but found I like a bead or concave wing for the index finger.

i am currently bagging a soft x, big z, jawbreaker, and a pro d. the soft x has a little finish, the big z is straight, and the d turns. the jawbreaker i am using to jump putt with until I get a challenger ss beat up enough for that duty.

got a challenger ss at an event a while back, pulled it out over the weekend for putting practice really like it and am going to give it a run as my putting putter.

They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.

Well actually the roach is a very important necessary insect. If anything, humans are the "roaches" of this planet that probably need to be eradicated?? Some of the most disgusting creatures out there are some of the most important...The maggot is a fine example. This beautiful little creature helped us conquer the west. Fecal matter from cattle and horses float around in the dry air, gets into a cut and guy dies of infection. Packing maggots into the wound helped people avoid infection and live through the healing process. But anyways, let the roach live!!:thmbup:

Well actually the roach is a very important necessary insect. If anything, humans are the "roaches" of this planet that probably need to be eradicated?? Some of the most disgusting creatures out there are some of the most important...The maggot is a fine example. This beautiful little creature helped us conquer the west. Fecal matter from cattle and horses float around in the dry air, gets into a cut and guy dies of infection. Packing maggots into the wound helped people avoid infection and live through the healing process. But anyways, let the roach live!!:thmbup:

Yes, and sailors of old would eat maggots in fruit and rub them into their gums to counteract scurvy. But all that notwithstanding, most people are disgusted with roaches, know that roaches connote filth and disease, and as a marketing concept it is one of the poorest I can think of.

Yes, and sailors of old would eat maggots in fruit and rub them into their gums to counteract scurvy. But all that notwithstanding, most people are disgusted with roaches, know that roaches connote filth and disease, and as a marketing concept it is one of the poorest I can think of.

dawson_crying.jpg

Yoooo, we are still talking about the name of this disc? Still? I mean shoot, what about like I dunno, "how are the recent runs in JB? How do these compare to the C-SS?"

Don't know how the C-SS flies but it is a little more shallow feeling than the Roach. & The nose of the C-SS is a little more blunt.

They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth....

You know, it could be worse. It could be a letter followed by a number...at least the Roach has a proper name. :D

Latest posts