• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snap

Jungle Tim

Birdie Member
Have been hearing good htings about snaps 2 discs the Whitler and the Helios.

Has does anyone throw either of these. What do you think?

What other discs are similar from the major manufacturers, for reference.

gracias
Jungle

The Whitler is big and reminds me of a real frisbee you play catch with. I didn't like it but I can see how Ultimate players or old school people may like it.
Now that Helios is different. It's a driver that acts fast. I got one right when they came out it was a sticky kinda plastic that seemed less durable then DX. It loved to turn over with any kind of power so it ended up in a lake. I just got another one it's the fire grade resin plastic and it seems more durable then the previous. I can not seem to get the damn thing from turning over or into a roller. It could be my technique and form is bad (which is likely). But I am making a conscious effort to lock wrist and not roll it. This disk seems to be understable for sure but I have heard stories about the distance you can get out of it. I just can't seem to do it yet. It kinda reminds me of the Quest Defender. I have not figured them out yet or came to a conculsion of whether I like them or not.

The Whitler sounds simialr to an innova aero. My aero feels like a very comfortable big lid that makes for a great approach shot.

Glen Whitlock, is stuck in tweed for sure.

I got my self a Whitler, and wow, theses are different. As is well know this discs harks back to the olden day of disc golf in tweed, pipe smoking and black and white analogue TV. Steady Ed and his chums playing DG with catch discs, in tweed (all be it Ti-Dye)
Fast forward to todays modern world of Ken Climo, Gatorade, robotic vaccum cleaners and wide rimmed drivers, all sorts of overstable power play discs, from Preds to Rhynos.

Glen Whitlock, is stuck in tweed for sure. And that is damn cool!

This is a PDGA approved catch disc, dont forget that. Throw it like a catch disc and watch the magic happen. Throw it like your huking an aviar driver and watch it roll over and die.

The disc, is a little bigger than the average, but the most notable difference is hte rim, or lack of it. All my other discs fit inside this disc, concealing the smaller disc. The plastic is stunning, grippy, resiliant, will not deform, but its as flexible as FLX is you bend it. The grip of a soft putter with the indestructibility of ESP/Star.

As for the flight characteristics, very similar to an ultimate disc, SOOO much glide, incredibly slow in the air, and exceptionally controllable as long as you throw with nothing but a flick of the wrist. A little nose up and it will float along straight, 10deg Hyzer relaease will give you a gentle turn.

This disc is like nothing else, and thats a damn good thing. Bit of time and patience and it will go where you want, no hyzering out, slowly.

Of course its great for catch, whether your into tweed or not is also great for golf! Try it, if you dont like it you'll still have a good catch disc.

Latest posts