• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Meh, +4, but always happy to play on a windy day. Upshots/touch shots were solid, so didn't put but a few holes.

The past two days the first wind event of the fall/winter season 15-25 mph with 40 plus gusts. Tuesday on a mostly open course, and yesterday a wooded course. Managed the wind much better compared to a year ago. Also, first time with a new bag turnover what used to be mostly Innova, is now just about all MVP/Axion. Tee was okay, upshots good enough, a lot of 2nd and 3rd shots to get an idea what the newer disc will do or not do. Need to get that bag figure out the wind will blow much harder by the end of the year. Picked up a Cloudbreaker a few weeks ago, a fun throw with the wind.

Played my least favorite course because for some reason I entered a charity tourney on that course (with maybe extra baskets) and need practice. of course I'm still terrible. "Par 4 & 5" means torture.

Packed around a camera last week to get some video for a mystery box entry deal with Double Ram art on em... didn't get anything good, except my dog hiding my brand new disc (first throw)

Went out last night to squeeze in 9, got 3 short aces haha,two with the uplink and one with electron envy. All first shots but I was throwing all 3 discs. No camera, no distractions, no footage haha.

XC tier means we play "whoever has the most fun wins" rules? I did pretty good in that case :D

...Don't tell the round ratings algorithm or throw count though. They say I was last :rolleyes:

Yesterday the cold weather arrived way too early for Virginia Beach just above freezing. Wore the winter clothing which I hateth, the hoodie with t-shirt restricts follow thru and less distance. For the most part it was okay disc up when needed, just takes getting used too again.

Had arthroscopic knee surgery on Nov 9th.
Got stitches out on Friday(18th) and scheduled the start of PT.
Threw my first holes this past Saturday(19th). Played 7 holes with only three discs(Innova IT, Jay and JK Aviar).
The IT has a good chance of making the bag.......... the Jay did not make the cut.

My knee is sore but improving. Stairs are easier than the first week and i'm gonna hold off playing until PT starts.

Played a B tier this weekend with a field of 25 in MA50. Started well and ended up third after the first day with a round rating of 919.

Felt good for the second round but missed the mando on hole one, missed my putt for 4 and carded a double. Followed that up with a bogey on hole two to set the tone.

Started the tourney with a player rating of 885 and had an event rating of.......885.

Sigh 😔

Had arthroscopic knee surgery on Nov 9th.
Got stitches out on Friday(18th) and scheduled the start of PT.
Threw my first holes this past Saturday(19th). Played 7 holes with only three discs(Innova IT, Jay and JK Aviar).
The IT has a good chance of making the bag.......... the Jay did not make the cut.

My knee is sore but improving. Stairs are easier than the first week and i'm gonna hold off playing until PT starts.

Short term physical terrorism for long term gains!! :thmbup::thmbup: Hope you heal up well!

I played in a tournament this past Saturday, 2 rounds in one day. For the first time that I am aware of, a tournament had a MA4 division. Playing in that division, I felt that I had a chance to not be dead last. Through both rounds I felt I had a chance to actually compete and do well. I still ended up last, but it was close. I compared my first round and final score to the division I would normally play in .... and I would never have had a chance; I was 16 throws behind the last place MA60 person and that is just the first round. In the MA4 division, I was only 4 throws from being in a tie with the player ahead of me. So I actually had a chance to move up, the two of us tied the second round...so at the end of the tournament I was only 5 throws away from not being last.

I wish more tournaments out my way would offer MA4.....it's a nice feeling to know that you actually have a chance to not finish last.

Hit my home course for a solo round this morning. I struggle at this course for whatever reason but had one of my better rounds at 3 under par. Honestly, I probably should have been five or six under. I missed a couple of relatively easy birdie putts and missed a couple of easy par putts for a couple of bogeys.

I did manage to park my second shot on hole 18 for a drop in three. About 200' out and you have to stick the disc on the mound or putt uphill from the bottom.

ccb960584e69cc5d530bd50392dce838.jpg

Parked it.

542530d04e9ec731d2a7c23b9d23c02e.jpg

Short term physical terrorism for long term gains!! :thmbup::thmbup: Hope you heal up well!
Thanx ru4por!!

PT was booked up until the 30th so I have to improvise until then.
Morning and afternoon stretching.
Kneeled on the bed this morning and WOAH, that still hurts.
Stairs are about 85% now, 100% is when i can chase her up them w/o pain :D

My area has gotten a ton of snow lately and it looked like the season had suddenly ended about a week ago, but I was able to get in a round today. (once it gets over knee deep I stop playing as it's just too hard to walk + losing discs is a thing).
In good conditions I feel like -10 is a good round for the short tees so a -11 today was a very good round. I hardly ever play the shorts, but playing the regular tees in the winter is a bit of a trudge.

Spent almost five minutes looking for a disc after I hit a tree. Could have sworn I saw it kick right. Looked everywhere before I found it in the most obvious place- stuck in the tree. If I didn't have such a noodle arm I think I could have squeezed the disc through this tight gap.

1ac9c30ffc83686233d28a9399bacf1e.jpg

Spent almost five minutes looking for a disc after I hit a tree. Could have sworn I saw it kick right. Looked everywhere before I found it in the most obvious place- stuck in the tree. If I didn't have such a noodle arm I think I could have squeezed the disc through this tight gap.

1ac9c30ffc83686233d28a9399bacf1e.jpg

I also stuck my disc in an oak tree on a blind tee shot. The fairway was cut so short and bare in some spots when I didn't see the disc on the ground, I actually looked into the tree, only took me a moment to find it.

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/m...lNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

Fourth ace today in Platteville WI.

Definitely my favorite so far. Was a 280 foot semi-downhill shot with a low ceiling from branches of oaks on both sides of the fairway. Threw a hyzer flip with my King Cobra and watched it fly dead straight all the way down. I thought I was just gonna dink the basket but heard chains rattle. Got 9 courses bagged today which were the all the ones in the southwest corner of WI so glad I finally got that out of the way.

Side note, was a little disappointed with University of Wisconsin - Platteville's course. I can definitely see that one being pretty dangerous to play when busy.

Played decent but not great at glow dubs. I have been dealing with injuries a lot the last two months and they are finally healing so seeing my shots work they way they should most of the time felt a lot better.

It's a balmy 43 degrees so I hit up my local for the first round in 2 weeks and shot bogey free for the first time. Was flying high so figured I'd sneak in a cheeky 3 disc round (Alpaca, Quake, Sidewinder) and shot another bogey free and personal best -8. Guess I should take some time off more often!

We had some of your typical beautiful but blustery spring days the past few, so I managed to get in a few quick rounds at Ottawa Park immediately after work.

As we approached a hole last night I dug through my bag and realized I was missing a disc, a Fuzion Judge. I'd either lost it earlier that evening, across about 8-9 holes, or I'd left it the night before because I'd forgotten an extra throw on the final hole of the night and left it behind. We play the hole and not five minutes later a local league player jogs up and hands me the disc, which he'd found the night before. Less than 5 minutes after I'd realized I'd lost it.

I enjoy those little coincidences of timing. As for how I played... it was really windy and it took me about 27 holes over the two days to remember how to release my putt consistently. You can easily make correct assumptions from that. :p