• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Had one of my best night of glow golf ever. Got two CTPs including an ace, which was my first skip ace and first glow ace.

My partner and i shot -17 and we went to a 4 way sudden death playoff. We ended up winning on the 5th hole against three very good teams.

Pretty good night.

Hey so did the envy help? Haha :D

Today was one of those days that made my disc journey fascinating. Went out and did a Dynamic Discs Squad Weekend Challenge. Throw only three discs for an entire round. Tried out my new Latitude 64 Sapphire as a Driver, Westside Discs Tursas as my mid-range, and my Dynamic Discs EMac Judge for my putter. Shot a better than expected but not great round. I learned that I can trust the discs in my bag. The highlight of my day was when My EMAC Judge sentenced a 56' uphill putt to the chains. +11 for 18 and no water penalties isn't to bad for me. My game can only improve from here!

Shot at Stafford Woods mixing up shorts and longs. Was mostly bogeys or worse on long tees last time I went. I brought my new form with me this time.

I shot 4 bogies, lots of pars, 2 birdies, and one nightmarish quadruple bogey by finding OB at every opportunity on one relatively open hole. I couldn't quite figure out my driver shots since I've not practiced them through the winter, but shorter shots were coming out super easy and clean and I was hitting gaps more confidently with smaller misses than ever. Makes me feel like all this painstaking form work and swinging around in my basement like a madman is worth it (thanks again SW22)!

Now I just need a warmer day to figure out how to throw drivers all over again...

We had 27 people show up for putting league last night, and at random, I drew my own son as a partner! I started out cold and we lost our first match quickly, then rose through the loser's bracket as I warmed up. At one point I wasn't satisfied with my regular putting stance (body kept going to the right and I'd go up diagonally with my stroke rather than straight up the pole no matter how hard I tried to focus) so I went to the bullpen and got my Deputies out for straddle putts and caught fire. We won five straight matches. My 12-year-old would occasionally hit both his 30-footers when I was cold to keep us in the thick of it. Ended up cashing in 3rd place. Love putting league so much!

Got out for the first time since November (northern plains weather) and shot OK at the local course. A mix of ice and mud to work around on a 60 degree day (unusual for late February in Iowa). Tried some new plastic I'd picked up, got the best response out of a new Lone Star Mockingbird and an Axiom Paradox. Looking forward to longer stretches of warm weather (Rain/ice/snow mix Monday night to Tuesday and more snow on Thursday....*sigh*)

I've been shuffling the bag around a little bit lately. Today was spent evaluating and assigning molds to specific situations at a local course. There was hardly anyone on the course, which allowed for multiple drives from the pad and extra putts on the baskets. I hate the uneasy feeling of stepping onto a pad, especially on a course I'm familiar with, and not knowing my percentages. This sort of self-discovery/nerding out is maybe my favorite part of disc golf and keeps me motivated.

Actually had a decent round yesterday, 2 off from my PB on the short tees at our local.

I guess only leaving my worst disc behind at Buckhorn isn't bad. (it's visible but not retrievable if strictly following the NO WADING rules). Still baffled how to throw a disc all the way down a fairway though.

I've been shuffling the bag around a little bit lately. Today was spent evaluating and assigning molds to specific situations at a local course. There was hardly anyone on the course, which allowed for multiple drives from the pad and extra putts on the baskets. I hate the uneasy feeling of stepping onto a pad, especially on a course I'm familiar with, and not knowing my percentages. This sort of self-discovery/nerding out is maybe my favorite part of disc golf and keeps me motivated.

I'm the same way.

I joined the PDGA and signed up for my first tourneys and I think I'm more excited about the "tournament prep" of filling my bag and making a plan than I am the actual tournaments.

Bagged six courses today none of which were that great. Was trying to get practice on my forehand form but the three worst winter disc golf conditions were present (snow deep enough to lose a disc you watched land on the ground, 20+ mph wind, slippery ice underneath the snow/covering teepads) which made for a not-so-fun or educational disc golf outing.

Oh well, at least it was sunny out and I got six more courses under my belt.

Things are looking up for me! I got out yesterday and threw 30 holes of disc. Not really sure what I did bit on the first 20 I shot +5. Pretty happy with it. Went back and decided to throw an extra 10, and some how knocked out a -1, with a round raring of 813. What the f*ck did I do. Ironically, had I not screwed two putts up I would have had a -3. I think I might become a disc golfer this summer.

We out and played a course that I haven't played since late 2019 when I first started playing. My 2019 score was +13, yesterday I shot a -3. It was neat to see that kind of improvement from 2.5 years ago. Also played a mini disc golf course which was interesting. Minis don't putt well. Or do anything well

Only 3 pars yesterday, my Thrasher went over the razor wire fence, had to fish my Element out of the river, and today fieldwork was even worse. Almost want to quit.

First round I clanged putts, missed upshots, and finished +10. I'm terrible, but that's bad for me. Parred a hole I've never parred though so there was something positive.

Second round I threw a personal best. Drained a bunch of putts I'd usually miss, scrambled a couple of pars I didn't expect, and birdied the hole I'd never parred before round 1. Sunshine and birdie putts!

Bizarre, I played two rounds at my home course Munden Point in Virginia Beach. The first round short to short after 29 months and 233 rounds I finally birdied No. 1 completing the birdie cycle for the shorts, No. 1 was the last holdout since July 2020. Give the credit to a snowstorm with strong winds bringing down a C1 guardian tree that's impossible to putt thru. Last week I had completed the par cycle long to long on #9.

Which brings the 2nd round long- shorts when winds increased to 25-30 mph with gust up to 45-50 my second highest wind round in two years when wind was gusting over 60 also at Munden. Just vicious along the river holes. For the first time I had wind kill on my Hades, Grace, and Boatsman discs I use for the wind. Only my Star Destroyer stayed strong. I had disc flip over and roll back towards me, putts helicopter, but also had some very long drives. Even had a disc ripped out of my hand on the tee box getting ready to throw it, had to go chase it down, lol. But it was all in fun, when the wind is up, I head out to Munden.

There will be down trees after today and after planting some last week. Not uncommon to lose a dozen trees after a day like today.

Last edited:
I'm playing in a sanctioned league at Vista del Camino, where the Memorial was held. The holes are the "normal" holes, not the Memorial layout, however, the triple mando still exists (I made it each time). I've played two of the six weeks so far (work, life keep me from playing sometimes).

First week (league week 2), shot 76 (+22) and put a bunch of discs in the water. 613 rated round
Second week (league week 6), shot 71 (+17) and only put two discs in the water. 671 rated round.

Getting more confident and it's showing.

I'm playing in a sanctioned league at Vista del Camino, where the Memorial was held. The holes are the "normal" holes, not the Memorial layout, however, the triple mando still exists (I made it each time). I've played two of the six weeks so far (work, life keep me from playing sometimes).

First week (league week 2), shot 76 (+22) and put a bunch of discs in the water. 613 rated round
Second week (league week 6), shot 71 (+17) and only put two discs in the water. 671 rated round.

Getting more confident and it's showing.

The first time I ever played Vista they had the triple mando up from a womens tournament the day before. The mando wasn't a problem but having that low ceiling because of it definitely took birdie out of play for me.

My first time around I shot a +7 and that was with birdies on 4, 8, and 11. I definitely remember 1 and especially 18 eating my lunch as I put discs into the water.