• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So what constitutes a putt?

If I'm holding my putter, and I'm trying to get it (realistically) into the basket, it's a putt. If I'm just trying to get it close it's either a drive or an approach.

Within 10m for stat purposes. Others may consider a longer shot a put but for your question the answer is definitely within 10m.

I like this explination. I count a putt as anything I throw with a putter minus a tee shot. That way the putt includes approaches as well for me. I figure if I am starting to throw a putter the disc should be in the basket in two throws or less.
Same, if I throw my putter, it's a putt. Maybe that's the golfer in me.

Ball golf question...

If you're on the putting green but 70 ft from the hole and you use a chip shot, does that count as a putt? (I know it's not a DG related question but I am curious.)

Ball golf question...

If you're on the putting green but 70 ft from the hole and you use a chip shot, does that count as a putt? (I know it's not a DG related question but I am curious.)

Yes, its a putt.

Conversely, you can use a putter from the fringe/fairway. That would not be a putt.

I have just started and want to track stats, but want to know, is there a consensus as to what distance from the basket defines what a putt is for statistical purposes? Call me anal, but the nerd in me is making me ask.
For my purposes of tracking putts on DGCR it's a putt if...
I'm throwing my putter -AND- I'm using a putting motion -AND- I intend the disc to go in the basket.

With that I end up with putts up to about 100' out. But not every shot inside 100' is a putt.

Latest posts