• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] So, what IS an Innova Plus Mold...

I have had a pro valk with a slight slant. I'm pretty sure it is just a molding variation, because this happened with the new C-TDS I believe
New run C-TDs weren't a mold variation, they literally messed up and used the wrong core piece with the C-TDs and C-PDs (there are plenty of older CFR run C-TDs and C-PDs that are stamped with the production stamp though, and those have a normal rim. You'll have to see for yourself when buying). Easily distinguished by the slant and by the missing patent number in the +molds.

They've admitted it was an accident, next runs will return to form.

Incidentally, the pictures I posted are of TDs.

New run C-TDs weren't a mold variation, they literally messed up and used the wrong core piece with the C-TDs and C-PDs (there are plenty of older CFR run C-TDs and C-PDs that are stamped with the production stamp though, and those have a normal rim. You'll have to see for yourself when buying). Easily distinguished by the slant and by the missing patent number in the +molds.

They've admitted it was an accident, next runs will return to form.

Incidentally, the pictures I posted are of TDs.

Thanks for the correction. I was under the impression that that was a mold variation. I wonder why theY have slanted cores for those discs if they werent intending to run them?

Thanks for the correction. I was under the impression that that was a mold variation. I wonder why theY have slanted cores for those discs if they werent intending to run them?
Like I said, they messed up. It was an accident.

i got a pro valk with the slanted rim..always left my hand funny and felt sloppy..needless to say i gave it to a friend.

The +mold is this business:

Regular rim:
2hnpfzc.jpg

+mold rim:
ngwn0n.jpg

The chopstick is flat against the inside of the rim in both pictures.

Dome doesn't have anything to do with the +mold, there's plenty of variation in domeyness in normal runs already...

That's a good visual aid. :thmbup: That's the next best thing to cutting a disc in half to show the rim profile.

That's a good visual aid. :thmbup: That's the next best thing to cutting a disc in half to show the rim profile.

Agreed, I've been trying to figure out this myself. Short of having one in my hand, this visual was the next best thing.

Just to check, the plus mold is less high speed stable than the regular mold, even though the feel is "beefier." Is that right? I just noticed my champ roc + turns and fades, while my regular pro rocs go straight and fade.

My only experience with the + mold has been in teebird form. The only difference I've noticed is increased low speed stability. In other words, flies like a normal teebird for most of its flight, but has a somewhat sudden, hard fade at the end.

Also, any other experiences with Champ Rocs? I have a Japan Metal Flake that I just got that I'm considering throwing but I've heard some mixed experiences from people on the flight of those discs so any information would be appreciated.

Just to check, the plus mold is less high speed stable than the regular mold, even though the feel is "beefier." Is that right? I just noticed my champ roc + turns and fades, while my regular pro rocs go straight and fade.
Depends. The +mold C-TD's are more stable than most of the regular C-TD's (there's been a new run and from what I've heard those are more stable than the older runs), and some +mold TeeBirds were REALLY overstable.

EDIT: Translation: It depends on the disc, when it was run, how it cooled etc. PLH is a better indicator of stability. The only consistent thing is the feel.

Latest posts