• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So when is it bad form?

How many self "bumps" is to many in the Market Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plastic Thunder

Eagle Member
You listed and add in the"Market Place", no one responds. You begin the walk of shame so to speak and you have to bump your own cause to keep yourself in the public eye. So exactly how many self bumps is considered bad form? How many until you look hopelessly desperate? When do you hit bottom at pathetic, what's the number?

sometimes its just needs to be bumped to notify people what you have. I had a couple up that got instant buys then went stale. I almost ended up keeping what I had and maybe bagging it. I bumped it randomly at night and boom everything left sold.

I did notice when you do night time bumps it gets a lot of action.

I get real tired of seeing the same ones, that you know have no chance of selling. Whether the prices are too high, or there crappy, inked up discs.

But to me it's not necessarily the amount of bumps but the frequency. Don't get me wrong if you've bumped yourself 10 times with out a comment or pm you should just get over it (no one cares at that point OBVIOUSLY).

BUT if you bump every couple weeks or so that may entice a different crowd or someone who may not have seen it or even been a member at that time a chance.

The marketplace is very cluttered with crap. But I guess they paid their $5 so they are allowed to leave their poop for everyone to step in...

Now let me go bump my FSOT :gross:

but it says something about your prices
When the seller is doing it every two hours, it says they need to get their OCD under control.

Unless of course in that two hours, you've been bumped to the second page, then it says perhaps an internet forum where you're competing for space on page one isn't perhaps the most efficient means of selling something.

When the seller is doing it every two hours, it says they need to get their OCD under control.

Unless of course in that two hours, you've been bumped to the second page, then it says perhaps an internet forum where you're competing for space on page one isn't perhaps the most efficient means of selling something.

Except you can only bump once every 24 hours unless someone else posts in your thread.

but it says something about your prices

This

That's what bump buddies are for. Out of the 324,000+ posts in the MP, I wonder how many of them are bump posts.

It's hard to get people to bump your threads. They'll PM you with an offensive lowball offer, but they won't bump your threads.

No shame in my game. Bump away. Bump.

I have a Beast thread in the Marketplace. Would someone bump it for me please.

Thanks!

Be careful asking for form tips. I have seen a lot of pros play and all seem to have different form. Sure there general things that someone might point out that will help you, but to me it seems most people's form/grip/X step etc is different. Watch some of the videos on YouTube from the pros. This will help the most. If it doesn't help, watch a different video of someone who uses a different technique

I was joking. Didn't mean to get all my threads bumped. I don't know the person who did it, I locked almost all those threads.

Be careful asking for form tips. I have seen a lot of pros play and all seem to have different form. Sure there general things that someone might point out that will help you, but to me it seems most people's form/grip/X step etc is different. Watch some of the videos on YouTube from the pros. This will help the most. If it doesn't help, watch a different video of someone who uses a different technique

With reading comprehension like this^ multiple bumps are necessary.:doh:

Solid tip, bro. This is going to help the Marketplace immensely.

I refuse to participate in this poll. I will not support the misuse of to, two and too.

Latest posts