• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Soft and floppy putter

I have a few Soft Magnets that are really floppy. You just have to find one that is floppy, because they go from harder to softer.

I throw SSS Wizards, I have bought many and only found a few that were as soft as I like. repeating what was said before, I would definitely feel them before you buy. i have found the chalky ones beat in to a nice softness pretty quick. say no to the organic ones tho.

I have to order them from the web. I only have one disc golf store where I am and he charges out the nose compared to ordering them online. So that is why I am looking for the super soft and floppy on here as I can not be hands on before I purchase

If you have to buy them online, stay away from gateway. Go with Vibram, the gumbputt, or the blowfly.

Someone should post a pic holding those discs and let him see how much they flop over while being held in the hand, ready to throw.

If you have to buy them online, stay away from gateway. Go with Vibram, the gumbputt, or the blowfly.

Someone should post a pic holding those discs and let him see how much they flop over while being held in the hand, ready to throw.

I agree with this 100% gumbputt and blowfly are so floppy its ridiculous. i love soft putters but even for me they are too soft.

That would awesome if anyone has pics of those discs could you please post them
Thanks

The problem with the BF and Gumbputt is they are very different feeling discs from a normal putter...you will either love or hate them.

A vibram or woodchuck is standard shape/design.

And those saying soft gateway or discraft or regular R-pro have obviously never felt any one of these options above.

Oh and the woodchuck is beaded so its like a floppy JK.

Heres a pic of the woodchuck I found online:

woodchuck-flexing.jpg

Lightning U-2. But it has to be Prostyle. It makes my SSS Wizard & my Soft Vibram Summit feel like a piece of wood by comparison. If you want floppy and I do mean floppy then you want a Prostyle U-2. In the dead of a Buffalo, NY winter the thing is still floppy.

I looked at the Blowfly and it seemed like a really weird and somewhat cheapy piece of equipment. I liked the idea, but I couldn't imagine throwing it... especially since it had almost no lip to hold.

So, I found this sitting in my local shop recently and once I picked it up, I KNEW.

softFocus_7-15-11.jpg

softFocus_bent.jpg

Man, this thing is so grippy and soft. It's not as floppy as the Blowfly, it's more like bicycle tire rubber. It really grabs the chains like nobody's business because the surface has such great friction. When it gets hot outside, it becomes even more awesome and soft.

It is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than any of the other colors of Soft Focus or Soft Magnet: far softer, far more rubbery. For those that have played with the black rubber Wizards: it's similar and has about the same shape, but it's softer and grippier.

I love it.

Last edited:
Its been so hot here and muggy in VA that my 10x KC Aviar was soft yesterday LOL!

alright back on subject: If you want cheap id go with the Vibram putter of your choice. They are super floppy and the floppy ridge is darn stable for a floppy disc which is highly unusual. If you want to spend some cash and get a soft, floppy, grippy old school putter then I recommend an old school Omega SS.

Oh yeah, I was at Academy the other day and the newest Omega run (1.29 i believe) was pretty floppy too...much more than regular r-pro.

Soft ridge all day. Lsdiscs on eBay has a few of them. The ridge is by far my favorite putter ever. I've thrown almost every variation of aviars, a few different wizards, magics, banger GTs, magnets, Challengers, and a blowfly. Vibram is also pretty consistent with their putters, so if you lose one you can easily buy another and be fairly confident that it will fly the same as your old one.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Ching Supreme Juju. Super soft and gummy, I use it to toss to the students in my class b/c if they don't catch it, it won't hurt them.

how about a Woodchuck by Daredevil

made for playing in Canadian Winter

in the summer the thing can barely hold it's shape

Edit: I didn't read the whole thread so if this was already suggested my apologies

Latest posts