• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Soft turning FW disc

Oh also...just learn to forehand. If my uncoordinated noodle arm ass can do it anyone can.

Try out a discraft heat or an axiom insanity. The heat flies like a fairway comet and the insanity flies with the speed of a leopard 3 but the flight of a regular leopard.

Both are incredibly controllable and easy to throw, but have a lot of space to grow into throwing very precise hyzer flips or gentle turn overs

I have been using a 167g S-Line FD. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Throw it on a slight hyzer and it flips up slowly and then finishes softly to the right (RHBH). I throw it around 375 on a good pull for reference.

The closest thing I've thrown to fit your description is a Legacy Patriot. Its not super US, but when thrown fairly level it will hold strtaight and with your angles, technique it can get that late turn and sit flight. I don't think you want a REALLY US disc from what you're describing. An MVP Amp is good too but I have had an amp that was flippy as hell and one that was stable. I also have a amp that's juuuuuust right, and it does fly what you're describing.

So just from what I've used I vote a Patriot or an Amp - but as others have stated this flight with a fairway driver is best achieved with form/technique with a stable disc that's been beat in just enough. Even a beat volt would work well, or beat teebird, or TL. Oh and the F5 is good too, just depends on the run

-Patriot
-Amp
-TL
-F5
-beat Teebird

Pro Leo if you want it to start on a slight hyzer and turn the whole flight.

BEAT eagle for the hyzer release, straight, late turn, then straight flight.

Patriot for less turn than Leo, but more than eagle.

Beat DX teebird for all of the above, but not much durability.

Latest posts