• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

software to make tee sign????

Kind of overkill and kind of expensive for tee signs. Although, you can download CS2 for free... Or use inkscape.

Its just what Im used to and good at and if I ever need to get it super technicle I can

Its just what Im used to and good at and if I ever need to get it super technicle I can

Right there with ya man! Been using Illustrator from version '88.

The question being "what did you use to make your tee sign?", I made a few with a combination of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Automatic page numbering is great when creating a simple sign with an unchanged graphic. The more elaborate designs are usually created in Illustrator.

in your FACE Inkscape!
haha

But really... for all we know you created a pixel matrix of colored cells and just invented 8-bit tee signs

Odd part is, is that my mind went to that same exact place.

^^Ditto...

Kudos to you schnelle for using what you've got. My ex-wife used to draw some elaborate things in Excel. Lots of 8-bit-type stuff. Pretty cool. She actually designed our English Garden using Excel.

I once had a customer who printed jpg's out of Excel. She couldn't explain why.

I used MS Publisher (ducks), it's so damn easy.

Last edited:
Those are looking nice Travis! :thmbup:

Any way you can make the hole # bigger, and make the course title look like this where you get "disc golf" on the same line? Otherwise it kind of looks like "golf course".

KONEN
CREEK

DISC GOLF
COURSE

absolutely. THis is just something I threw together as a rough draft. Found a local place that can throw these on 5X9 in Aluminum with 8-10 yrs of UV protection for $15 each.

I've got to wholeheartedly agree with ZAM here. We designers have seen some horrendous stuff submitted to us by those that say "hey, I've got a computer with such-and-such software, I'll just design my own ad!" You should see some of the god-awful stuff I've been sent in the last 20 years.

You've definitely got a good start here. scarpfish is right with his proposed line breaks on the course title. You could also drop the word "HOLE". It's just sitting out there in space not doing anything.

Travis, Josh Carroll here. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I'm studying graphic design at K-State and actually helped out an environmental architecture intern with the signage for Fairmont Park disc golf course up here in Manhattan.

Cool that you're looking into getting some signs out at Konen Creek though!