• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Some help from the ladies, or men with ladies that play DG

wtafro

Birdie Member
My wife has decided she wants to play disc golf with me so I need to know what discs to get her. Just wanted to know what the women on here throw and what they suggest.

Slender, not real strong arm wife does the 145 Archangel best. Putts with a Soft Voodoo 172. Approach is Archangel or Polaris LS 172, but then the PLS has DiscGolfOregon's dye of the LSU Eye of the Tiger on it.

My GF loves her Sidewinders and Beasts. She carries a 150 and low 160's in each. For mid, she used to use a 150 Roc, but since I got her a light Cobra (maybe 162??) she's been loving that.
Still haven't found the right putter for her yet, but lately it's been a Gateway Soft Wizard...
All that being said, I plan on getting her a light Archangel soon....

My wife has been using a 150 champion leopard and a 165 pink aviar p&a. She liked the stingray I found but she says she'd like a lighter one because it's 180. May get her a 150 class archangel eventually.Oh, she likes my beat up 150 dx leopard too.

150 class archangel, just got her a 160 class champion valk and she is tossing it really good, mid is a light shark I found logn ago (160's I think) putts with a magnet. also has a 171 or so teebird that she doesn't really use and I may steal and replace with another light mid-range (maybe justify another discraft 10 pack by letting her have the midrange)

My 11 year old son loves his champ leopard 150 class, so that would be a good one as well

150 class
Stingray and/or Cobra, possibly Kite to start
then add Impact
add Leopard or XL/TL as her distance grows
Surge 150 once she starts hitting 100-150'

Putter: anything she likes the feel and/or looks of. I started with Aviar P&As at 147, then 156, then Omega Supersoft 167. Am now loving on my Soft Banger GT 174

Start her off with a putter and a midrange. A shark or a stingray in a nice light weight is easierto throw straight and will get more distance at first than a driver. For the putter just let her try whatever you have and pick what feels best in her hand.

My wife uses the following:

Drivers:
Archangel 165ish- likes this a lot and has added 50+ ft to her drive
Dragon 150- still a bit too stable for her

Mids:
Skeeter 169 - can throw it straight as an arrow about 150ft
Shark- she's not a big fan of it, but still carries it for certain shots

Putters:
2x Pink banger soft gt: "Have you seen my wife's lovely soft pink banger?"

Hahaha...banger joke...hahahaha

I would take her to a store and let her fondle...that is what really kicked my wife's game off.

The fondled disc of choice: Star Leopard.

my girlfriend throws a 141 cheetah RHBH, and throws DX beasts forehand, and she putts with a KC pro aviar, she has some grudge against using midranges, not sure why

150 class seem to work really well for all the women/girls I've taken out. My gf has been playing a couple years now, and she still throws best with 145-160g drivers, though she throws mids and putters in the mid 160s.

I agree with billnchristy - take her to the store so she can "fondle" the discs herself. That's how I started just picked the one that felt right.

My discs of choice right now
Polaris LS 170
Cro 161

before I found the Polaris I was using a Prostyle D-1 170

good luck!

Latest posts