• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Some knowledge on putters!

Thanks for some of the ideas I continue to hear great things about the G9s I believe my local shop has a few I will pick 2 or 3 up and see. As for the Ion I have tried some of my friends and they are good but to me work best as a driving putter, but would think of using the first run superman ones if I could find a stack of them. As for the Yetis I will consider taking that in as well. If the G9s act the same way as everyone is saying then I think we have a winner.

Wizards are by far the closest putter to an Aviar, period. Like some have recommended it's a good idea to buy them in person, because although they have the OG, S, SS, SSS classes their not always the same feel or firmness. The outer rim is a little more rounded than an aviar, and has the bead. I use the OG Wizard, more firm, like a KC Pro Aviar but not as slick. Good stable, grippy putter, similiar to the Aviar.

Ions, stay away from, nothing like an Aviar. Their slick and easily become understable.

Wizards feel a little different in the hand than BB Aviars, but they fly just the same. With all the plastic choices Gateway offers you're sure to be able to find one that feels like you want.

My real recommendation though is for DX BB Aviars. They aren't in regular production, but they aren't hard to find.

Wizards are close, but when new have zero glide compared to most aviar molds. Challenger also has less glide but is closer imo. P2 putting wise may be close, their KC blend isnt as waxy i believe is what ive heard.

My recommendation is for the Yeti aviar. they have the grip of JK aviars, but the firmness of KC pros.

yeti or p2. i want to check out the newer runs of yetis, they are supposed to have great grip (no slick) but good firmness.

If you like the harder 10X Aviars, pick up some of the G9i reruns of Wizards. They're molding up consistently flat, fly perfectly Wizard stable off the tee, and are (supposedly) the same plastic as the well-respected, older runs from years ago. They are nice and firm but still grippy. I've found that they even gain some grip with a little sweat on your fingers. Here's a thread where notroman is doing a group buy. He's a great seller and a great guy. It looks like the next run is close to being completed so grab a handful.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

milliniuum omega putters are the same mold as newer soft aviars and have slightly different plastcis( made for millinium by innova)

the supersoft variety varies alot between years , but new old stock is easy to find for the same price as new discs. the current line is chalky and soft, but some of the previous are stiffer.

find em cheap at academy stores

You can never go wrong with a Soft Magnet. I have tried many, many putters, and I have always come back to my old Soft Magnet. It just works , and works well.

Discraft_Pro_D_Soft_Magnet_Black_Stock.jpg