• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Some Putting Tips

Thanks. Well done. I'm on my second run through the Feldberg 40-minute video, too. I feel like I can become good at putting. ;) I'm sure I'll discover differently...

Thanks. Well done. I'm on my second run through the Feldberg 40-minute video, too. I feel like I can become good at putting. ;) I'm sure I'll discover differently...

Make sure you understand that Mike C teaches spin putting, and Feldberg teaches push (loft) putting.

Make sure you understand that Mike C teaches spin putting, and Feldberg teaches push (loft) putting.

I tried to include stuff that I thought would be putting style neutral. Do you think any of what I said is specific to spin putters?

Its funny because in that feldberg vid, he covers both. And you dont technically cover either specifically.

I wanted to keep it basic and talk about things that apply to everyone. Didn't get into spin vs push, flat release vs hyzer etc.

I think you accomplished that.
I thought that other quote was funny because it was pretty far from
accurate

Sweet video! You live in Ohio? If so, we should play a round together and become a dominant duo.

Finger pop. Always wondered about this and never knew exactly what to do with my fingers. Hopefully you are correct cuz i'm gonna mess with my finger pop now.

Thanks. I'm not sure which I'll end up with but I'll end up somewhere. Probably right in between! :doh:

This is a very good video. Everything is to the point with little to no repetition. I find some tip videos are too "preachy".

Well done Mike. Would it be possible to do a quick video covering specificallly spin putting? Not sure if you already have one, if so point me to it otherwise would love to see one from you as you do a really good job on your vids.

Know thy self. I tried to copy different styles for a year or two. I sucked. Eventually I figured out what works for me. Know I know quickly when and why I am out of wack. Hey, it happens to us all. The key is recognizing YOUR style, and being able to adjust back to form quickly. You'll still have ups and downs, but you should be able to make the down periods very short.

Well done Mike. Would it be possible to do a quick video covering specificallly spin putting? Not sure if you already have one, if so point me to it otherwise would love to see one from you as you do a really good job on your vids.

What specifically would you want me to cover? I don't really understand the difference, I just try to hit chains and sink it.

What specifically would you want me to cover? I don't really understand the difference, I just try to hit chains and sink it.

I guess it would be unfair to ask you to cover it if you don't really understand spin putting. I was going by what araytx mentioned above but perhaps he was mistaken. I mostly push putting now, but I'm so inconsistent from day to day so I'm trying to learn spin putting. I've watched several videos but it still hasn't clicked yet.

Originally Posted by araytx
"Make sure you understand that Mike C teaches spin putting, and Feldberg teaches push (loft) putting."