• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Something between Stalker and Predator?

Smithcok

I am looking for a suggestion on what driver to buy that will be between a Stalker and a Predator in terms of stability. (I have nothing against other companies, but I have always stuck with discraft, so a discraft disc recommendation would be appreciated).

In the mid-range line, I like that I have the Buzzz, Wasp, and Drone for a gradually increased cut to the left (RHBH). I'm looking for a driver disc that would fit the middle role that the Wasp does in the midrange.

I tried a Z plastic XL (i think rated at a 1.6 stability), and I haven't really liked that so far (simply because its too close to the Stalker for me).

Thanks
C

Last edited:
that's kind of a big gap but you might want to try a tracker. How far are you consistently throwing your stalker and predator?

Check these frisbees out :thmbup:

I am looking for a suggestion on what driver to buy that will be between a Stalker and a Predator in terms of stability. (I have nothing against other companies, but I have always stuck with discraft, so a discraft disc recommendation would be appreciated).

In the mid-range line, I like that I have the Buzzz, Wasp, and Drone for a gradually increased cut to the left (RHBH). I'm looking for a driver disc that would fit the middle role that the Wasp does in the midrange.

I tried a Z plastic XL (i think rated at a 1.6 stability), and I haven't really liked that so far (simply because its too close to the Stalker for me).

Thanks
C

Been having tons of fun with ESP Crush's......great advice about this disc....factory types will be more overstable than discs that are stamped for tourneys, which are flatter and not as domie as their factory made brothers.....disc is glidey like stalker, but not as aggressive as predator....predator is kind of weird mold....would almost rather throw force or even champion destroyer

oh yeah.....this is kind of out there but check out the ESP venom(like crush SS or super tracker).......more on the end of glide....where the crush(factory version) is more speed oriented.....gl

Tracker's closer to stalker speed wise. Crush is closer to pred speed wise. A z avenger or even a cyclone may work. Avenger feels close to pred, cyclone's simillar to stalker(bead)

The XL isn't as stable as it's rating would suggest compared to the Stalker (1.5 vs 1.1). I've thrown both an ESP Stalker and a Z XL so I'm speaking from experience. The biggest difference IMO was the XL's fade at the end. I bet at slower speed the difference would be greater but by 250 feet I don't think it is that much.

Personally you are limiting yourself by sticking to one company. I'm guessing you aren't a sponsored pro by making that statement, call it a leap of faith. You could get the Tracker, but I'd recommend two Innova disc's myself. If you want something the speed of the Stalker, get a Star Eagle. It will have more stability, will work a hyzer line great and has an awesome swooping finish to get around trees. Or if you want something the speed of the Predator get a Champion Viking.

Some Discraft disc's are great but others are forgettable. From what I've seen from others throwing the Tracker, and comparing it to Innova's ridiculously complete fairway driver assortment, I'm going to put it in the latter column.

Avenger, X plastic will be slightly less stable than Z, ESP, FLX and Pro-D. Pro-D will beat in faster. It's a lot like an Eagle-X (which is a lot faster than a Stalker). If you have a noodle arm a new Cyclone can fill this slot nicely.

Stalker rim thickness: 1.6cm (Same as leopard and cheetah BTW)
Eagle rim thickness: 1.7cm
XL rim thickness 1.7cm (Did the XL feel a lot faster than the Stalker?)

Compared to...

Avenger rim thickness: 1.9cm
Predator rim thickness: 1.9cm
Force rim thickness: 2.3cm

Good information isn't hard to put out. The Eagle/XL are speed 7 discs, the Avenger and Pred are more along the lines of a speed 9. Force is a 12 and in no way between a Stalker and a Predator.

I wouldn't recommend a Reaper either, it is very close to the Predator stability wise and quite far from the Stalker.

Champion Eagle?

The XL isn't as stable as it's rating would suggest compared to the Stalker (1.5 vs 1.1). I've thrown both an ESP Stalker and a Z XL so I'm speaking from experience. The biggest difference IMO was the XL's fade at the end. I bet at slower speed the difference would be greater but by 250 feet I don't think it is that much.

Personally you are limiting yourself by sticking to one company. I'm guessing you aren't a sponsored pro by making that statement, call it a leap of faith. You could get the Tracker, but I'd recommend two Innova disc's myself. If you want something the speed of the Stalker, get a Star Eagle. It will have more stability, will work a hyzer line great and has an awesome swooping finish to get around trees. Or if you want something the speed of the Predator get a Champion Viking.

Some Discraft disc's are great but others are forgettable. From what I've seen from others throwing the Tracker, and comparing it to Innova's ridiculously complete fairway driver assortment, I'm going to put it in the latter column.

Not to put down the first disc I have ever thrown, but the eagle has nothing on windy conditions as much as the stalker or predator do. I know of no one that even owns or pulls out an eagle when looking to make a shot that requires a disc falling between the stalker and predator. Eagles turn over on windy course like Ludington....stalkers and predators do not. I hope your not a innova pro suggesting discs like champion eagles....they had their spot in time, but are more of an ornament in today's game.:hfive:

oops

Not to put down the first disc I have ever thrown, but the eagle has nothing on windy conditions as much as the stalker or predator do. I know of no one that even owns or pulls out an eagle when looking to make a shot that requires a disc falling between the stalker and predator. Eagles turn over on windy course like Ludington....stalkers and predators do not. I hope your not a innova pro suggesting discs like champion eagles....they had their spot in time, but are more of an ornament in today's game.:hfive:

Sorry....star eagle is even more flippy....and will continue getting flippy cause star plastic is weak in comparison to ESP...

Yeah, if it wasn't obvious you were trolling for a reaction I'd type more of a response. I'll throw my Star Eagle into a light wind all day and it will do fine, same with the 11x or even a new DX. The 12x eagle is the only one I've got that can't fight a wind at all (3 of them). I've seen some people try with a Stalker, but none of them had consistent results.

Beyond that feel free to get the last word in.

Sorry....star eagle is even more flippy....and will continue getting flippy cause star plastic is weak in comparison to ESP...

Yeah.. Just not true here. Get a star eagle x. Like they said faster than a stalker and more overstable. Not as fast or overstable as a predator. I've thrown them all, in particular the eagle x and stalker. Eagle x is much more stable. Not an outdated Disc whatsoever.

I would be laughed at hysterically if I started recommending eagles to those I roll with....not pros...not big arms....just ballers...we might carry a Tbird(champion) or Viking(champion) but that as about as bad as it gets....just making a point...not a last word...you ever been to a course in high winds? aka Ludington courses....poor "b"eagle gets shot(behind the wood shed) down

I know what we can joke about the next round I play with my peeps...guys...been throwing this sweet a$$ eagle...please...

Little birds in high winds

Yeah.. Just not true here. Get a star eagle x. Like they said faster than a stalker and more overstable. Not as fast or overstable as a predator. I've thrown them all, in particular the eagle x and stalker. Eagle x is much more stable. Not an outdated Disc whatsoever.

Come visit LudingtonMI area to see how outdated these calm air flow discs react..uh um eagle..there is a reason why there is rediculous discs like champion boss and champion max, monsters, excalibers....there home is the west coast of MI, not the middle of a desert....is there even air out there?

Must be nice to throw classics(Klimo endorsed to boot)

Latest posts