• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Special Edition Brinster Sentinel coming

Glow Brinster v good flat Roc3 (Les White)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 111
Glow Brinster v Factory Store Glow Gator

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 87
Took a new glow Brinster out for a fast round tonight. Very initial impression: Not as beefy as I'd expected, but solid 0 HSS. Doesn't replace a Gator. Closer stability to a fresh USDGC Roc but longer methinks. Nice disc. Pretty domey, but a very comfortable shoulder. Dome is fgood sometimes. I can get down with a dome.

GB v 2014 USDGC Rancho. Both solid 0 HSS. Both domey-ish. Less glide than a board flat Comet. More than some really flat OS mids.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Those glows look pretty tasty. More like what I was thinking the Q would be. We shall see. This is the first non roc mid ive thrown in a ridiculously long time so its really more about if I can get used to the feel or not. I like the idea of a stable mid with lots of glide. I have plenty of glideless meathooks laying around, I dont care for that style of disc at any speed really.

So are these any good? I've never thrown one, but I found a pile of these at local sports store for 10€ a piece so I bought two. I would have bought more but I've never tried these, only www Sentinels. I might get to throw these in few weeks, but I'm worried that they will be gone soon. I'm looking to add something between my Rocs and Gators. Should I get more of them, what do you think? The dome isn't a problem, they feel okay to me.

They are between your Rocs and Gators in overstability. Although they are also somewhat longer and faster.
They are OK. Not the best Sentinels, but not the worst.

I've never thrown a Sentinel, but I just ordered my first one. :) Over in the Commander thread, someone said that the Sentinel has a stingray top and a Cobra bottom. This seems odd to me since Sentinels have the reputation for being pretty OS, yet neither the Cobra nor the Stingray is a particularly OS disc. Is it really true that the Sentinel is a Stingray top and Cobra bottom?

It is just a Cobra with a spacer in the nose to make it more stable. Stingray top plus Cobra bottom is what a Cobra is.
Kinda.

When the Sentinel MF came out, there were two Cobras. The regular Cobra had the Ontario Cobra top and the "Classic" Cobra had the Stingray top like the original Cobras did. Both had the same wing. The Sentinel MF was a "Classic" Cobra with a nose spacer to blunt up the nose. The blunt nose made a huge difference in flight as the "Classic" Cobra was a flippy little bugger and the the Sentinel was nicely overstable.

Since then the "Classic" Cobra has been discontinued, the regular Cobra converted to the "Classic" Cobra configuration and now back to the Ontario Cobra configuration. So a few years ago the Sentinel was exactly a Cobra with a nose spacer. Now you are back to "Stingray top on a Cobra wing." Clear as mud. At any rate it doesn't matter since a Sentinel flies neither like a Stingray or a Cobra.

They are between your Rocs and Gators in overstability. Although they are also somewhat longer and faster.
They are OK. Not the best Sentinels, but not the worst.
How the Brinsters grew on me was that the www Sentinels were so much slower than the Sanny Sentinels. When the Brinsters came out, all I wanted to do was compare them to Sannys, and they just are not Sannys. Once I quit pouting about that, I started to realize that they were faster than the www's. They kinda get halfway from being a www to being a Sanny, which is better than being a www. I throw them a lot now and I don't pout about it nearly as much as I did when I got them.

How the Brinsters grew on me was that the www Sentinels were so much slower than the Sanny Sentinels. When the Brinsters came out, all I wanted to do was compare them to Sannys, and they just are not Sannys. Once I quit pouting about that, I started to realize that they were faster than the www's. They kinda get halfway from being a www to being a Sanny, which is better than being a www. I throw them a lot now and I don't pout about it nearly as much as I did when I got them.

Thanks for the history lesson, always appreciated! One other question: what is a "www" Sentinel? There are San Marino and Ontario Sentinels right? So are the "www" ones a mold modification made in Rancho Cucamonga? Does the "www" refer to the web address being on the mold or something?

Yes the tooling on the bottom used to be San Marino just like the stingray of the time, when the ray mold croaked a new stingray mold was made www.innovadiscs.com as the tooling.

I don't believe there are Ontario sentinels if there are I haven't seen one, although I know there are old Ontario stingrays so I guess it's a possibility.

What Brando said is spot on. Obviously, what Threeputt said is spot on too. I like the Brinsters MUCH better than the earlier WWW Sentinels -- they are faster with less glide and better reliability and overstability. They are fine throwers for sure, if a little domey for people used to the flatter and slightly beefier Sannies.

These are all San Marino mold Sentinels (yes, one is signed by John Houck and one is signed by J-Bird):
picture.php

They are tooled like this:
picture.php

I've gotten rid of my early WWW Sentinels, but Brinsters:
picture.php

Are also WWW tooled:
picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts