• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

Got many throws with the Harp and Sorcerer in today. I'm not a huge fan of the Sorcerer. It's a good disc, but it doesn't fly any differently than my Terns. It has perhaps more glide, but honestly, I found the Tern has slightly more HSS. Part of that is my form flaws, in that the Tern is very forgiving where the Sorcerer is not. Better players will love this disc because it flat-out BOMBS. But then again, so does the Tern...honestly, aside from the bitching stamp and the even bitchiner (new word?) its pretty much a Tern. Feels the same in the hand even.

Now the Harp...wow, it's a tasty disc. I like the BT Soft plastic. Feels grrrreat in the hand, but it already has some scuffs. No big dings though, so that is good. Also has somewhat of a bead on the bottom, so they will last. Both of mine (174g blue and 175g black) have concave tops, like ESP Zones. The Harp is Zone-like but not a Zone. The Harp is considerably slower. Mad overstable. My assumption of it being like a Jokeri was way off. The Harp is super OS. It has very low glide, but that just means you can really honk it.

It's like a baby Zone. Feels great in the hand though. Really cool disc!

Now the Harp...wow, it's a tasty disc. I like the BT Soft plastic. Feels grrrreat in the hand, but it already has some scuffs. No big dings though, so that is good. Also has somewhat of a bead on the bottom, so they will last. Both of mine (174g blue and 175g black) have concave tops, like ESP Zones. The Harp is Zone-like but not a Zone. The Harp is considerably slower. Mad overstable. My assumption of it being like a Jokeri was way off. The Harp is super OS. It has very low glide, but that just means you can really honk it.

Would it be more accurate to give it something like 3 / 2 / 0 / 3 as flight numbers?

Would it be more accurate to give it something like 3 / 2 / 0 / 3 as flight numbers?

Thats a tough one. I dont have calipers to measure the rim accurately but I believe the speed of 4 is accurate. If half numbers are allowed I might even give it a glide of 1.5. The Harp drops like a stone. It is the least glidey Euro disc Ive ever seen. Great for upshots and off the tee into a headwind. BT Soft plastic really grabs the ground.

Im going to try and forehand it some tomorrow. See if I can get it out past 200 (doubtful, for me). This is a power throwers putter for sure. I spin putt and it works pretty well for that too.

The harp sounds legit...I will pick one up ASAP as I want a short range upshot that just drops. The zone is definitely pretty fast for a putter.

Last edited:
I bought a harp today, based largely on how insanely good that BT Soft felt. I haven't felt any other discs like this before; it's like a mix between VIP/Tournament/Proton/Neutron, and a SSS Warlock my friend has. It's gripper than all that stuff, not as floppy as the Warlock, and doesn't make my fingertips feel dry like the Warlock either. This stuff seems like it will be superior to the Vibram X-Link I normally use for rainy days. I'm not quite clear on whether Latitude 64 or Dynamic Discs offer this same material. Do they?

What does BT stand for, anyway?

Last edited:
It's a good disc, but it doesn't fly any differently than my Terns. It has perhaps more glide, but honestly, I found the Tern has slightly more HSS. Part of that is my form flaws, in that the Tern is very forgiving where the Sorcerer is not. Better players will love this disc because it flat-out BOMBS. But then again, so does the Tern...honestly, aside from the bitching stamp and the even bitchiner (new word?) its pretty much a Tern. Feels the same in the hand even.

Played in a tournament today and the traveling disc seller had these. Just had to have one. From what I can tell, you've nailed the Sorcerer. I was hoping that it would be clearly more stable than my heaviest Tern, but it just does not appear to be.

Got a Harp too with prize money, but did not get a chance to throw it since the second round was a glow throw.

I bought a harp today, based largely on how insanely good that BT Soft felt. I haven't felt any other discs like this before; it's like a mix between VIP/Tournament/Proton/Neutron, and a SSS Warlock my friend has. It's gripper than all that stuff, not as floppy as the Warlock, and doesn't make my fingertips feel dry like the Warlock either. This stuff seems like it will be superior to the Vibram X-Link I normally use for rainy days. I'm not quite clear on whether Latitude 64 or Dynamic Discs offer this same material. Do they?

What does BT stand for, anyway?

I've been told it was the same as classic(soft?)

I've wondered that also. Something Finnish perhaps?

Moar harp info plz?

I doubt it is better than vibram in the rain...in the rain i want something tacky yet rigid so the rim doesn't flex out of my hand. Maybe bt hard.

Moar harp info plz?

I doubt it is better than vibram in the rain...in the rain i want something tacky yet rigid so the rim doesn't flex out of my hand. Maybe bt hard.

I bet it would be great in the rain, but rigid it is not. BT Soft isn't floppy, but it does give under a slight amount of pressure.