• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Spider is the straightest disc Ive ever thrown

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I have a DX Spider I've putzed around with off and on the last few years.

I have been field throwing it a lot lately, and I have never seen such a neutral flyer, more than a Mako even.

I had a buddy that threw a Champ Spider for everything 150ft and in. The thing was a metal seeking missile. It got pretty tiring being beaten by the same disc over and over again.

Glitch my man. Glitch. :thmbup:

@ Albatross I have and bagged for years a Champ Spider. Really good disc.

The timing of this post is pretty funny to me. I was looking through my discs in the storage unit this weekend and was looking at my old spiders; ended up grapping an old ProLine Spider to throw in my travel bag, the thing feels amazing, haven't thrown a spider in probably over 2 years. Excited to give it another toss soon

I stopped into my local bike dealer's shop who stocks a few discs a year or so ago and found a new Champion Spider. I like that speed and neutral disc so picked it up. I have carried it some and like it, I just have other discs that fill that spot as well. I'm gonna have to get the Spider back out and give it some fly time.:thmbup:

SHHHHH! I've been hoarding spiders ever since they went OOO. The factory store had a special stamp Halloween release last year, and to say I purchased 'many' is an understatement. And the old ProLine plastic ones are straight cash homie, I grabbed a bunch off the marketplace several years ago.

i hate to mention this

but when i stopped into gggt as innova was changing from pfn to fn they had a whole sleeve of pfn champ spiders just chillin on the shelf for like $13 a pop back then

i messed up yall i just let them sit there

The first disc I ever aced with was a Star Spider. 200 feet, dead straight right into the chains. And that wasn't the only ace that disc got. I should dig it out of the bin and throw it again.

One of my oldest discs was a clear champ Spider with a factory black spiderweb dye. This thread also makes me want to see if I can find that somewhere... probably long gone.

Dude was throwing a super gummy floppy champ Spider on my card last weekend. Carving pretty nicely with it too.

I was looking for a lightweight mid range since most companies only seem to make them in max weight. I have a 170gm Fuse i've been playing with & 169gm Skeeter. I wanted something lighter for my noodle arm. I just got a 157gm champion Wombat 3 today & compared it to PFN gummy Champion Spider i have that's about 170gm. Their profile's are very similar, but the Spider has a slightly more blunt nose. Doe's anyone have experience with a side by side flight compare?

I have ~18 years old Champion Spider which stamp says "Multi purpose disc"
I've never seen straigher flying disc. Sadly I can't bag the Spider any more. Losing it would hurt too much. It is my first disc too :)

That's the run I was hoarding - if it's that really flexible champ. I can nearly fold mine in half.

If you aren't going to throw it, send pics and a price!

I was looking for a lightweight mid range since most companies only seem to make them in max weight. I have a 170gm Fuse i've been playing with & 169gm Skeeter. I wanted something lighter for my noodle arm. I just got a 157gm champion Wombat 3 today & compared it to PFN gummy Champion Spider i have that's about 170gm. Their profile's are very similar, but the Spider has a slightly more blunt nose. Doe's anyone have experience with a side by side flight compare?

To answer the question you didn't ask, the Axiom Hex is a super straight flying mid, available in Fission plastic less than 160g. Discgolfcenter has a bunch that are like 156-159g