• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spirit Mountain-Duluth,MN

Disc414

Par Member
Anyone have any info on this course? Is it open? Looking to play it while I am in town along with MDL. Thanks in advance.

Yup, it should be open, and it's awesome. White Cedar, it's on DGCR here. It's a magical place. It's a workout with the elevation changes, but well worth it. Bring 2 waters and a snack and enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 26
Spirit Mountain is not open this season. It is somewhat up in the air what is going to happen there next year.

Both courses at Mont du Lac are indeed open and they are in great shape.

When are you in town?

Yup, it should be open, and it's awesome. White Cedar, it's on DGCR here. It's a magical place. It's a workout with the elevation changes, but well worth it. Bring 2 waters and a snack and enjoy!

Different course lol....

Spirit Mountain is not open this season. It is somewhat up in the air what is going to happen there next year.

Both courses at Mont du Lac are indeed open and they are in great shape.

When are you in town?

That is unfortunate, although I didn't think it was a great 9 it had potential, and some interesting shots.

Does anyone have insight on why it isnt open? It was on my to play list for whenever I next went to Duluth, along w Mont Du Lac.

Does anyone have insight on why it isnt open? It was on my to play list for whenever I next went to Duluth, along w Mont Du Lac.

I've heard a variety of reasons, but they mostly have to do with environmental concerns. There is some work being done to the ski hill to improve drainage and the course would have gotten in the way of that work. That is the most official and recent reason I've heard for it closing for the season. I've also been told on good authority that the management still wants to open a course there next year, possibly multiple courses eventually. We shall see.

Ended up playing White Cedar and used the ace run course as a warmup. I have to say, I loved the course. Physically demanding and tight lines that needed to be hit. Great views and benches to rest on. I will be back again.

Latest posts