• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ST. LOUIS OPEN 2014: May 31 - Jun 1

There going to be more signups?? The field is really lacking. Especially the pro divisions

There going to be more signups?? The field is really lacking. Especially the pro divisions

The enrollment shown on the site only updates once a week. I'm told there are more than what is showing. Also, this event registration is always thin until the last week and the few days before... then we get a massive flood of registrations. The field always fills however.

I'm gonna post pics of the assembled players pack later tonight!

PlayersPack01_600px_zps30d72357.jpg~original

Dri-Fit Shirt (Red, Yellow, Gold or Blue)
RCF (River City Flyers) Bag Patch
Discraft: Mantis or Nuke SS
Gateway: brand new "Chief" mold in an exclusive plastic
Prodigy: Assorted driver, fairway and midrange
Erasable Laminated Scorecard
St. Louis Open 2014 sticker
Custom printed TOWCH (it's a towel... it's a pouch... it's pretty sweet)
Discraft Supercolor Mini
Innova Mini Driver
STLO Pencil
Maped golf pencil sharpener
and
a handy 36 page Player's Guide, complete with separate schedules for each division, course maps and layout guides, step by step directions to and from every location, all TD names and phone numbers, a history of St. Louis Open results, a handy place to track the people you played rounds with, along with their scores and signature, etc., etc., etc.

I've just been told that there have been a ton more registrations today... the field is filling fast, don't miss it.

I don't remember, when I signed up was there a spot for shirt size?

No, there was not. We have a very well balanced mix of sizes, based on cumulative knowledge from the last 3 years. The person who checks you in will ask, "What size shirt?" I am normally a "Large" and the large fit me perfectly for a dri-fit (just a little snug, no pinching, nice and flexible, lightweight).

fyi, the players guide link just goes to a pdf of the tournament flyer... was hoping for a bit more info as I'm non-local and won't be driving over until Thursday or Friday.

Also, there is a guy in Intermediate who signed up with pdga #11111 but the owner of the number has a different name and the membership is expired. I'm guessing that this is just someone who didn't have a current PDGA # but wanted to sign up and had to put something in, but hopefully someone will be double-checking these.

Looking forward to this!

I am aware of the problem with the link on the saintlouisopen.com site. I've told the webmaster...

Yes, we will be checking a persons PDGA membership at check in. We have had a few people that signed up for the PDGA just to play the STL Open, but couldn't get their number and verification right away - this is probably why they would put in a number that isn't real (for them). Everything will be square at the event.

In the meantime, there is a working link to the Player's Guide here: HERE

Yes, we will be checking a persons PDGA membership at check in. We have had a few people that signed up for the PDGA just to play the STL Open, but couldn't get their number and verification right away - this is probably why they would put in a number that isn't real (for them).

That's what I figured as well...

In the meantime, there is a working link to the Player's Guide here: HERE

Excellent, got the PDF, thanks so much!

Last day to register without a late fee and we have fewer than 15 openings... which are always gone by the end of the day Thursday.

I'll be checking here for questions until around 7pm today, but then I'm away from the internet for the rest of the weekend...

See you there.

will some one have tags and membership discs at check in tomorrow? just realized today i haven't joined yet not sure how i managed that

will some one have tags and membership discs at check in tomorrow? just realized today i haven't joined yet not sure how i managed that

You can count on it.
Thanks for helping to keep disc golf free to play in St. Louis!

I won't have any at the Friday Briscoe Woods Break-In tournament in the morning, but you should have plenty of opportunities throughout the day to pick one up. Let me know and i will point you in the right direction. You will certainly be able to join the largest(?) club in the world at Check-In or Tournament Central throughout the weekend...

The results are up! : http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16678

Big Congrats to Zackeriath Johnson on the first place in Open. 21 under par !!! Congratulations to all of the players actually, it was a great event and a good time - for all of the grueling work that went into getting ready and on the days of the event, it turned out to be a real pleasure to see it come together.

Thank you EVERYONE!

Yea congrats to Ratchet Arm. Originally from West Ky now in the Saint Loomis area this dude can toss plastic. Hope this is the start of something big for ZJ. Is there any video of last weekends play?

Yea congrats to Ratchet Arm. Originally from West Ky now in the Saint Loomis area this dude can toss plastic. Hope this is the start of something big for ZJ. Is there any video of last weekends play?

I only have one video on my phone of Zach bombing a drive on the final 9. It hit a tree 500'+ out 15' in the air. Going from tee 14 to 15 basket at Endicott

We reached out to several disc golf videographers, but never heard anything back. Oh well... maybe next year.

I hope there is some more amateur video out there that folks are willing to share - I'd love to see how Zack worked it on the new Briscoe Woods course.

Last edited:

Latest posts