• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stafford Woods, Voorhees NJ

hawk12

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
The township has approved a course (and is purchasing the first 9 baskets!!). Work/volenteering has beenn under way since January.

We are getting very close to having the front 9 completed. Starting with one set of tees (natural/gravel/grass mixed), and have planned alternate tees. Most holes will have alternate basket locations soon as anchors arrive with the baskets.

Front 9 is designed for a Par 31, playing 3,600 feet - with 4 wooded holes, 2 holes that drive over a small pond, and 3 field holes. Nice mix. Also the front 9 is pretty lefty friendly, but you will use every shot/disc in the bag...

The back 9 is rough designed, and is not approved for tree cutting just yet - as the township wants to see it get play before we open more fairways in the woods. The back should play about 3,700-4,000 feet, par 31/32 - all in the woods, with 2 temp field holes between 14 and 15 that can be added for tournaments. The back will also play righty freindly to balance out the course, and play fiar overall.

As south central NJ has only 2 - 18 hole courses, Landis Park and South Vineland - both 40-45 minutes away; this will finally fill a complete VOID of disc golf courses in the area. I moved here a year ago, from Newark DE; and was a key contributor at Iron Hill's construction. Took everything I've learned at Iron, and working on other courses in DE with seasoned designers and brought it here! Think Little Iron Hill, with 2 water holes, and 3 field holes, designed to host tournaments in a year or so when the back 9 gets installed. Total should be 7,500-8,000 ft, par 62/63ish - with 2 temp holes = 20 hole 9,000+ ft, par 71/72

Will let you know, and post here as updates happen.

Will also put the course on this site and PDGA course list soon as we get baskets installed.

I am a local. And very excited about the new course. Where exactly is it located? Off White Horse Rd? Near the Stafford Trail?

I was able to help one of the clean up days at this course. It has the potential to be a great course. Can't wait for grand opening, and hopefuly i'll be able to help out on a cleanup day again soon.:thmbup:

when do you guys think this will be ready to play? You guys should also post on this thread when clean up days are because I would probably head down there to help if I knew when they were.

As per the Township. the baskets are suppposed to be in within the next couple weeks. Yesterday, I saw the flags marking the basket spots. I would anticipate installation in the near future.

First Round Played

CHecked on baskets today and ran into one of the course developers who had just installed the final basket. We played the first round on the course. TREMENDOUS!!! Tons of wildlife. Hopefully, all will be respectful of the preserved land and the natural habitat. Couple of scenic views of the Staffordshire farm houses. Hole 3 is probably going to be the signature hole for now.

Thank you Christian!

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Awesome news! I look forwards to trying the course out sometime. My inlaws live up near Voorhees and I've told my friends up there about the new course

Excited

I played the course yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. I live 10 minutes from the course and I had no idea there was a trail at that location. The course has a ton of potential. The combination of tough back woods holes combined with the open field holes reminds me of the Tyler State Park course. I can't wait for the back 9 to be completed. I'll definitely be back soon.

The only negative is parking. I only saw about 4-5 parking spots. I'm not sure how the course could handle a busy day or a tournament.

Progress daily

As you are aware, the front 9 baskets are in!

This weekend we added next tee signs to help guide your way around. I drew up a rough map and added to the DGCourseReview page for those that need a map (its rough but something to go on). The work crew (volenteers) was out cleaning up long pin positions on Sunday, more to come.

All long basket positions and short tee pads have been located and measured so the Tee signs can get finished.

Each Hole is getting tee signs very soon, there will also be a sign at the entrance to the 'driveway' today or tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to playing it sometime soon. Also heard on the news this weekend about the building of another course at Timber Creek park

Scunham,
yup. They have approved another disc golf course only 7 miles from Stafford. It is 'under contract' to be done this fall. Not sure how they are gonna get 18 holes, baskets, tee pads in the ground in just a few months, but that's the plan...

I'm pretty excited to go from no courses (with baskets, or more than 4 holes...) within 30 minutes - to soon having 2 - 18 hole courses within 6 miles of the house.
THE AREA DESPARATELY NEEDED COURSES IN THE GROUND, and will have that come fall/winter!

Stafford will be 8,000 long to long, par 63-65ish, and should normally play in the 7,000 ft range at a par 61-62.

Not sure what the layout and par will be on Timber Creek. I know the gentleman contracted out does know quite a bit about the sport and has done several other courses... So I'm expecting good things for South Jersey Disc Gold Alliance going forward.

I'll have to move back into the area!! JK for now atleast. ( Wife and I both work in Delaware so it only made sense to move there for the time being)

We usually come up to my inlaws on the weekends and my buddies are really interested in playing the new course at Stratford. Maybe next weekend, as I'm busy this coming weekend.

Hey Hawk, where can I get some of those South Jersey Disc Golf Alliance stickers?? I would love to have some.

Latest posts