• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Boss

BENFTS

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
i just got mine and am going out to throw it first thing in the morning. anybody else have one and what are your thoughts.

Any mold differences in the Boss in Star/Champion like a flatter top?

Picked up a 167 Star Boss yesterday. It is slightly more stable (probably because it's new) than my first run Champion Boss but still long and straight without too much fade at the end.

i felt like the star boss was just a bit less stable than the champ of the shelf.

I got a groove and so far have not gotten it to work well for me i was throwing a wraith and thought the groove would be similar but might go farther for me but no such luck.

is the star boss out in any weight lighter than 173? (unlike the champ one)

I test flight my new 2nd run Star Boss 175g and it is what I hoped it would be. BAMF!!! Its got a flatter top than my 2nd run Champion Boss 175g, which is what I wanted. I only threw it three times last night, but had no problem forehanding it out 375' with accuracy! I don't like my champion Boss cause it slips and can be very squirelly. The Star plastic on this Boss is different than the other Star discs I have and I actually though it was missprinted and was Champion cause it looks glossy and slick, but its not as slick as my Champion Boss.

I was under the assumption that Star is sliightly less stable off the shelf than their Champion counterparts.

I threw it once for the first time yesterday. Got a hold of it, no more than 6ft off the (flat) ground. One of the longest drives I've ever had on this particular hole. Pleasantly surprised at the minimal fade. I love the speed of these drivers, but you do gotta be able to throw (regularly) ~300-350ft+ to get it to fly right. If not, I'd shelve it until you can put a Wraith or something this far. .02

Liking the grippiness of Star over the champ too I'd have to say.

Latest posts