• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Destroyer Anyone?

DG_Wizard

Bronze level trusted reviewer
Does anyone throw a Star Destroyer? If so, what do you think of it? I picked one up just last week, and I really like the performance so far.

Here are the specs:

Speed - 12 (ONLY 12 SPEED INNOVA DISC SO FAR!)
Glide - 4
Turn - 0
Fade - 4

I think it lives up to the 12 speed, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I have one and I throw it when I need something more overstable than my Star Wraith. It doesn't go as far as the Wraith does for me tho.

I throw a 168 Star Destroyer both backhand and sidearm. It lives-up to its name for speed. I also throw a 171 Wraith. The Destroyer goes farther - hands-down.

WillA-
If you are having problems getting extra distance out of the Destroyer, try throwing a lighter one.

I have a Star Destroyer, low 170's weight. I've beaten it up a small amount and now it's really flippy. I've got a Champion Destroyer that I've yet to throw, so we'll see how it hold sup.

Yeah I agree it is fast, and you have to have the arm speed to match it. I have come across several people so far that just can't throw it. I've also come across another guy who can only throw it Forehand. I actually picked mine up from a buddy who threw it about 3 times before deciding it wasn't for him. I use it regularly for long open hyzer shots. If you give it the right amount of anhyzer you can throw it in some pretty tight fairways. I've also used it for a sharp hyzer throwing it Forehand. Anyhow I love it and would like to have a few more. Mine is 175 grams which is heavy for most people. Im a pretty big guy it so I need the extra grams.

Largest I've ever seen. What exactly was the search terms put into a search engine to lead to this thread, instead of the main Destroyer thread?

I'm going to guess they searched "destroyer" (or didn't search) and navigated to "Last Page" with some backwards logic. Shrugs.

Anyway, the destroyer is too much disc for most players. But it is the poster child for distance drivers, IMO. The one to compare to.

I'm going to guess they searched "destroyer" (or didn't search) and navigated to "Last Page" with some backwards logic. Shrugs.

Anyway, the destroyer is too much disc for most players.
But it is the poster child for distance drivers, IMO. The one to compare to.

One driver to rul-...

Anyway, the destroyer is too much disc for most players. But it is the poster child for distance drivers, IMO. The one to compare to.

Doing that is a good way to start some research, work your way towards more current opinions/comparisons/runs of a mold, but you save the quoting for pg1 results:wall:

The Destroyer was engineered for Star plastic, Dave said so.
12 years later, it's still the stuff of legend. Smooth, buttery, creamy, easy to throw, even for newer players.
I would say, maybe the best high speed disc ever molded. Ever.

Largest I've ever seen. What exactly was the search terms put into a search engine to lead to this thread, instead of the main Destroyer thread?
I accidentally clicked last page whilst perusing, rather than next page.

I thought it was kind of wild that the oldest post in "discs" was about Star Destroyers. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts