• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Star Mako, Star Sanny, Star Dart, Pro Boss

true dat. you had a funky monkey in your laboratory... no points deducted.

i could tell it was a DX because they look so oddly un-Coyote-like. that pic really looks most like a new-mold Aurora than anything else!

Has anyone thrown both the mako and a lat 64 Core and can they compare flight characteristics?

I wish I could compare the mako with the core as I have thrown both but I have had two dif cores and one was very buzzzish and then the other was very gatorish and by that I mean very overstable.

I played with the mako tuesday night and it flew beautifully I have now filled a spot in my bag that I could never find a consistant flight like this. It is so straight and just sits down very nice. I tried it on a couple different lines And loved them all.

The hyzer line achieved the least amount of distance. I would say somewhere in the 270 range.
The Straight route I was able to get it out to about 330.
And then the Anny Line was def my longest throw of the three and was able to get it out to 360 and it was such a slow anny nothing like a comet or a meteor. They are alot faster on their turns.
This has def won a spot in my bag but it def needs some more work because i got into it a little to much a couple times and it just went off on its own in the completely wrong direction.

The Mako was the only one I was actually looking forward to trying and to be honest I wasn't impressed. It flew like a Champ Shark, nothing more nothing less. Not enough to get a spot in the bag, oh well least they were free :p.

YoungGunLefty said:
I wish I could compare the mako with the core as I have thrown both but I have had two dif cores and one was very buzzzish and then the other was very gatorish and by that I mean very overstable.

I played with the mako tuesday night and it flew beautifully I have now filled a spot in my bag that I could never find a consistant flight like this. It is so straight and just sits down very nice. I tried it on a couple different lines And loved them all.

The hyzer line achieved the least amount of distance. I would say somewhere in the 270 range.
And then the Anny Line was def my longest throw of the three and was able to get it out to 360 and it was such a slow anny nothing like a comet or a meteor. They are alot faster on their turns.
This has def won a spot in my bag but it def needs some more work because i got into it a little to much a couple times and it just went off on its own in the completely wrong direction.

I'm a bit confused by this, Its NOT an overstable disc is it? So how is it possible that it would get so much more distance out of anhyzer compared to throwing it "straight"?(I assume you mean flat release).

Jsw said:
YoungGunLefty said:

I'm a bit confused by this, Its NOT an overstable disc is it? So how is it possible that it would get so much more distance out of anhyzer compared to throwing it "straight"?(I assume you mean flat release).

Naturally athletic?

I got a CFR Glow Mako today and did some field testing. IMO it's very meh. Has alot of glide and it's a straight flyer but I already have the D Buzzz for that.

So if anyone is interested in a CFR Glow Mako, 180g, send me a PM. The stamp says Factory Second and its from Disc Golf Values. I'd say the condition is 9.5/10. Very minor scuffage.

JHBlader86 said:
I got a CFR Glow Mako today and did some field testing. IMO it's very meh. Has alot of glide and it's a straight flyer but I already have the D Buzzz for that.

So if anyone is interested in a CFR Glow Mako, 180g, send me a PM. The stamp says Factory Second and its from Disc Golf Values. I'd say the condition is 9.5/10. Very minor scuffage.

wat do u want for it?!?

disc junkie said:
JHBlader86 said:

wat do u want for it?!?

Medium Wizards 170g+
D Buzzz 177-178g
X Buzzz 177-178g
E Demon 170g+
Z Predator 170g+

Smoke said:
Naturally athletic?
1255652271935.jpg

:wink:

Threw the Mako some yesterday. Meh. Reminded me of the meteors I just got. Sucked ass into a 20-25 mph wind, with the wind, there was a fine line between holding a line and hyzering out big time. The glide was decent.

Tossed the mako around some more since the wind was only around 5mph today. I liked it much better. Not as touchy. Held most lines. Nice glide. Pretty consistant. I never flipped it unless I tried.

Its the same, but different. The mako has more resistance to turn, but its worse in the wind. It has good glide, but not as good as the comet.

dgdave, or anyone else, how does the Mako compare to a Meteor in feel, rim configuration, flight, etc?

It feels similar and flies similar. I couldn't flip my meteors, they may have been over weight. The Makos held a line better and had a bit more glide. They were ok, but I already traded them because they didn't really impress me. Nice, but not impressive.

I find the Mako more comfortable in the hand. Much more rounded edge with little to no sharp points.

It's a good offering from Innova to compete with the meteor. A player really doesn't need both in their bag, they fill the same role. Pick one and throw happy.

My mako is doing great. It's my first mid range and I've never thrown a meteor but it goes straight. If I get a lucky S curve This things bombs to 300 on a 10 ft wide line with no fade at all. Normally I get about 250, straight bullets. I'm also using this for my putter and it feels too good in the hand to pass up.

dgdave said:
Its the same, but different. The mako has more resistance to turn, but its worse in the wind. It has good glide, but not as good as the comet.

after tossing one i picked up this week a few times today, I'm 100% in agreement with this statement.

It's a really nice disc, one of the better ones that innova has released recently. Feels like it falls somewhere between a buzzz and a comet to me, but the comet feels more versatile. Definitely would recommend that people try it out, though. Good disc.

Latest posts