• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Starfire vs Star SL

1 is 177 and it is my wind fighter. Very predictable straight flight with nice fade. Also my skip shot disc.

2 are 167. Can get nice flex outta both of these. One of them is just a bit...I wouldn't say flippy but I can get it to finish with a right turn if the wind is there.

1 is 169 and it's just getting broke in.

1 is 177 and it is my wind fighter. Very predictable straight flight with nice fade. Also my skip shot disc.

2 are 167. Can get nice flex outta both of these. One of them is just a bit...I wouldn't say flippy but I can get it to finish with a right turn if the wind is there.

1 is 169 and it's just getting broke in.

You've had success throwing SL into the wind? How strong of a headwind and is it because it's heavier than you typically throw?

Note - The original SF mold didn't break. It was cancelled because it was too similar to the Old Mold Beast and Orc. Which is also why the Beast was retooled. I have one I snagged off of Steve Rico.

FirstRunSF.jpg

Thanks for the correction. I was remembering wrongly at which point in the process a mold broke. It was the SL mold that needed "repairs" last year. I translate that as being that something broke.

At that point the SL did go OOP but it's Val Jenkins' driver, so Innova had incentive to fix it.

I guess it pays to throw the favorite discs of prominent pros. Maybe not the Hawk or Rattler though.

Here's my collection, and if you ever unload some of those sweet discs jasonc hit me up.
I'll keep that in mind.

Maybe we should organize a Starfire/SL only round at Grey Fox or Parkside one of these days...:D

Jason and Northern, I'm totally jealous of those collections!

Gotta keep an eye on the DGCR marketplace...ya never know when the next diamond in the rough will pop up over there. :thmbup:

The Star SL I had a while back was glideless and not very long. Nice and straight though, lol.

Latest posts