• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Thunderbird Jeremy Koling (Tour Series)

Me neither

I kinda remember the super stingray not being totally flat, so maybe not.

I was very close to buying one but I can't see it making the bag. Ended up with a couple of the thundys and another cobra

Me neither

I kinda remember the super stingray not being totally flat, so maybe not.

I was very close to buying one but I can't see it making the bag. Ended up with a couple of the thundys and another cobra

Can't go wrong with a snake ;)

After waking up some more and remembering how supers feel and rechecking the pic on the proshop I feel pretty certain it's a regular ray.

Can't go wrong with a snake ;)

After waking up some more and remembering how supers feel and rechecking the pic on the proshop I feel pretty certain it's a regular ray.

Loving my Champ Cobra.

Koling birds are up at 9:24pm Saturday. 241 left. And the Sexton 'birds as welljust now : 240.

I have two Big Birds. Things are beefy as shiiiiiiiiiii. One is dead flat topped, the other is slight puddle top. However, I'm used to a Thunderbird being a dead straight flyer with a pretty solid fade at the end. Pretty much a longer Teebird. However, this Big Jerm Tour Series is every bit as stable as my Color Glow ThB. I'm talking side by side with a Sexybird, it's damn near the same stability. Just a straight up meat market. I'm enjoying it a lot, but not using it for shots I'd normally think of a Thunderbird/CD2 for. (I typically bag a couple CD2s as it's a Thunderbird with a touch less fade) I'm using the Big Bird for overhands with a nice, slow pan, forehands, and flex lines through the woods. It's a great run, but definitely stiffer and harsher than my production run Star ThBs.

Funny to hear it described as a meat hook. I throw about 350 and I think it's nice and straight stable. No more or less than, say, dx thunderbirds, which is the version of thb's that I have the most experience with. I've only thrown one though - a flat top.

Watched my buddy throw his today and it was really awesome to see. He probably has about 360-370 feet of power. It would flip up and turn a bit but always hook up and fade at the end. Plastic felt great too, from what I saw with his I wouldn't describe these as a firebird flight at all unless he got a fluke.

For reference, I am a 400' max and 375' reliable golf line distance player, so I'm by no means a big arm, but I have not had a single shot with either of my Big Birds flip up from a hyzer or turn from a flat shot. I may have gotten freaks, but both of mine are very stable/OS.

They hold straight a lot longer than firebirds do. They also have better glide. They hook up pretty good at the end but still not as much bite as a firebird.

They hold straight a lot longer than firebirds do. They also have better glide. They hook up pretty good at the end but still not as much bite as a firebird.

I agree with this. I went out and threw mine for the first time yesterday (Out to 350'+ pretty easily). Definitely nowhere near Firebird stability. High speed stability is good. I threw mine a few times into some head and crosswinds, and it did not flip over or turn, just held straight longer before the fade. Even with this stability, these Thunderbirds still have some good glide. This adds to their fade I think. They just stay in the air longer than any Firebird, which gives them more time to fade out.

Overall these are winners in my opinion. I haven't tried forehands with it yet, but I expect them to be great for those shots too.

These things are buttery smooth! Not sure what the super stable talk is about. Got to finally throw mine a good bit today and they fly just like a newer Champ. The grip is great. First hole I threw it on today is one of those hyzer holes you can't dump at the end but you want the disc to stay in the air as long as possible while on a hyzer. Threw my slightly worn Champ on a great line about 40 out from the basket. First throw with the JK Thundy and it gets 20' closer. Great glide on these. Can't wait to break one in and see what it can do. Definitely a winner.

Latest posts