• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star TL ? same as Star Teebird

No. The Teebird and Tl are 2 different discs.

TL is a longer, straighter teebird (like a broken in TB)

Straight from Innova:

The TL is the brother of the reliable Teebird. The "L" stands for "Less Overstable" and "Longer". This disc has the same great speed and glide as the Teebird, but is straighter flying with less fade at the end of the flight. If you are looking for a straight flying maximum fairway driver, the TL is the answer.

third!!!

The TL is the brother of the reliable Teebird. The "L" stands for "Less Overstable" and "Longer". This disc has the same great speed and glide as the Teebird, but is straighter flying with less fade at the end of the flight. If you are looking for a straight flying maximum fairway driver, the TL is the answer.

(taken from Innova's site)

no threeputt needed on this one

Last edited:
TL is short for Teebird-L. The main difference in the molds is the wing. The TL has a straighter wing like all other "L" molds which makes it less stable, and the Teebird has a curved wing. TL's are typically Star plastic although there are CFRs.

Probably one of my favorite discs. Although a lighter weight teebird will fly like a heavier TL.

TL has been available over the years in CE, Glo CE, Champion, Glo Champion, STAR, & Pro. Never seen a DX one, but that doesn't mean none exist.

I have a first run pro teebird and ive been told it flies like a tl.

I think it probably is a TeeBird-L or TL for short. I think I read on here somewhere that all or at least all of the early runs of Pro TeeBirds are TL's. I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing this from someone who knows a lot more about the subject than I.

Last edited:
And don't let anyone tell you that ELs, SLs, FLs, and TLs are whatever top for each with a leopard bottom. I have no idea where they started but a LOT of people tend to think they are hybrids but it's false.

I think it probably is a TeeBird-L or TL for short. I think I read on here somewhere that all or at least all of the early runs of Pro TeeBirds are TL's. I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing this from someone who knows a lot more about the subject than I.

I know that's the case with the FL, but I don't know if it applies to the TL.

I always question the "Long" description by Innova. Anyone ever see the TL flying further than a Teebird? (in capable hands)

There was a run of Pro Teebird (not L) and I think they're all labled "First run." It didn't turn out well but they also made the Pro TL for a while. It's since been discontinued.

IIRC Mike Robinson threw TL's in the Worlds distance competition a couple years ago when they were throwing on a downward slope and he did pretty well.

TL's might be easier to get on a distance line but TB's can take more power and still fly straight. TL's are easier to throw but are more speed sensitive.

Latest posts