• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Tell me about the Champion TL

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
The Search isn't having much luck with a name like "TL", so...

Can anyone tell me about the Champion TL?

From the numbers, I'm guessing it'll fly similarly to a C-Line FD. I'm hoping it may have some of that magical Teebird glide in a slightly less OS package.

I prefer the TL. They are typically more stable than an FD and require a bigger release angle to get a turnover. If you are looking to fight against the stability to shape lines rather than utilize understable drift you may prefer the TL. In my mind the FD is more like a slightly wider rimmed Leopard3 than a TL.

For a while I dabbled with a g line fd, flattish 6th run c line fd, and royal rage fd2 as my fairway setup but eventually went to leopard3, TL3, and royal rage.

Pretty much all the stock TL's I've ran across are domey. I've seen plenty of domey TL3's that look like regular TL's but the flat TL3's are money. The early champion ones were gummy and pearly, I'm assuming some luster still in the mix when they were molded.

If you can track down a flat TL3 I'd say go that route. Starts out straight to baby fade, as it seasons it'll track a tiny bit and the fade mellows. For me it was a hyzer flip to flat disc that could take a bit of power where if you hit the L3 the same way it'd flip to flat with some late turn over.

Latest posts