• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Xcaliber???

Ty9339

Bogey Member
i purchased this disc a couple of weeks ago, just looking for something new to add to the bag, but i haven't had much luck with it yet. any tips? i've tried getting way over top of it because of how hard it hooks left but just can't seem to get that nice "S" turn route.

Throw it into a tree over and over and over. Or just forehand it. But unless you're a hulk-man or a touring pro you won't get it to S-curve right out of the plastic.

It's a disc that's meant to resist turnover for high powered players who turn almost everything over. Use it on windy days or when you need a dependable left turn.

finally had a nice couple of throws with it... thanks for the advise guys, it takes a ton of wrist action to get distance but i think i'm starting to get the hang of it

It's just like the Max, trex, and Destoyer when they first came out. Nearly impossible to get to "S out". Now both of those discs turnover and I move on to the Xcals and Discraft's force. I think the Force will win for hardest disc to s out ever. Exception may be their flick. I use the force and xcal for huge hyzers and spike hyzers. We have a fun hole after we play 18 and have now made it where you have to throw over a triple stacked power line to get to the basket. It is about 50 ft up to the top and about a 125-150 feet away so you have to throw a monster spike up over that pole. These discs work great for that. There is a trick to the spin on the xcal but I have only done it once by accident. I flipped mine just briefly yesterday, just as I thought it would flatten and go into the road and hit a car, it faded real hard left and skipped a mile. Ended up being the perfect shot for that hole, hope I can mimic it next time out.

Side note: the Pro line destroyers are very difficult to turnover. They resemble the xcals. Stars, not so much. Go figure.

finally had a nice couple of throws with it... thanks for the advise guys, it takes a ton of wrist action to get distance but i think i'm starting to get the hang of it
I'd recommend avoiding trying to get the disc to turn over unless you're throwing it 450'+ or on a clean anhyzer. Forcing it over will breed bad habits.

I'd recommend avoiding trying to get the disc to turn over unless you're throwing it 450'+ or on a clean anhyzer. Forcing it over will breed bad habits.

Elaborate garublador, what do mean bad habits? The reason I ask is I have been throwing the Destroyer and now the XCaliber for the last 6 months trying to increase my distance. But in the last 3 months I have found a real problem throwing something understable. The all seem to turn into a roller or something indescribably worse. Is this what your talking about?

"The all seem to turn into a roller or something indescribably worse."

I love that man. Indescribably worse LOL. Great turn of phrase.

I used to occasionally tell my wife something she did was retarded. She would get mad and tell me not to call her retarded. Now I say - That was incredibly ill advised. She laughs. LOLOL

Latest posts