• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

State with most 4+ courses

In the ground since 2004 and only 3 reviews. At that rate it will take BOP until 2056 to qualify for the top ten.

For sure. It's hard to get people to make their way this far out. Then they have to make sure that they get ahold of Caleb to get a round scedualed. There's great chance for some people to come up and play it this weekend.

I will get to BOP on my next trip to the Left Coast. It has been on my wish list for a loooooong time. :)

i agree... as long as tees are functional the composition doesn't matter...

I sort of see what you're saying, "Why should good dirt tees count against you?". And I've definitely played some very fun courses with dirt tees, and other rough elements, that seemed a lot better, in many ways, than some other 3's.

But, I really do appreciate courses that go the "extra" mile with constructed tees, and even "little amenities" like bag hooks, etc. (Drinking water on the course would be a real bonus - but I see that rather rarely.) So, I'd also feel strange not crediting a course, including in its overall rating, for having these improvements.

With my current mental rubric (and very few ratings actually on paper) this would, perhaps unfortunately, make it difficult or impossible to give a 4.5 or 5.0 to a relatively "unimproved" course even if the quality of the DG was high (or, at least, high in good weather).

I sort of see what you're saying, "Why should good dirt tees count against you?". And I've definitely played some very fun courses with dirt tees, and other rough elements, that seemed a lot better, in many ways, than some other 3's.

But, I really do appreciate courses that go the "extra" mile with constructed tees, and even "little amenities" like bag hooks, etc. (Drinking water on the course would be a real bonus - but I see that rather rarely.) So, I'd also feel strange not crediting a course, including in its overall rating, for having these improvements.

With my current mental rubric (and very few ratings actually on paper) this would, perhaps unfortunately, make it difficult or impossible to give a 4.5 or 5.0 to a relatively "unimproved" course even if the quality of the DG was high (or, at least, high in good weather).

BOP actualy does have drinking water in multiple places on the course.

i agree... as long as tees are functional the composition doesn't matter...

Absolutely, if there's a flat spot free of roots and ruts I'm happy. It's great to have nice concrete pads, but I only rate down for tee pads that slope, hold water or are so lumpy or rutted out that it's difficult to throw from them, not for the surface itself.

Absolutely, if there's a flat spot free of roots and ruts I'm happy. It's great to have nice concrete pads, but I only rate down for tee pads that slope, hold water or are so lumpy or rutted out that it's difficult to throw from them, not for the surface itself.

My feelings exactly.:thmbup:

p.s. When are you making the trip out here mashnut?

Not until next year, I have to head back to Chicago on Wednesday, but we'll be out here for good right around the beginning of the year. It's definitely near the top of my destination list. :thmbup:

Not until next year, I have to head back to Chicago on Wednesday, but we'll be out here for good right around the beginning of the year. It's definitely near the top of my destination list. :thmbup:
and he will write a review...guaranteed:thmbup:.

I just realized that Martin will be the first person to review BOP who doesn't live in CA. And he's played over 900 courses.

Not until next year, I have to head back to Chicago on Wednesday, but we'll be out here for good right around the beginning of the year. It's definitely near the top of my destination list.

That will be a rough time of year here, lots of rain, but I know Caleb and he will play any time of year, any weather. Hopefuly we will have the Buddha Tree down there again next year it's around the end of April begining of May, but it won't be a PDGA tourny again. If you wanted to make it out here for that you would get to see the course in the best shape. It's realy beautiful that time of year, but it's beautiful everytime of the year.

Winter - It had been raining all day and at the end of the round the rain cleared up and was beautiful. This was the same day as I took the picture of my friend Kim that ended up in the Innova callender.

24403_1239807157435_4943280_n.jpg

Spring - These are pictures from the Buddha Tree this year.

559645_3018241417180_1290663506_n.jpg

575109_3018407381329_1278186370_n.jpg

545754_3018417101572_1811044471_n.jpg

Summertime - This pic was from the day after Reggae On The River

383833_3561223471392_668916945_n.jpg

It seems that everyone judges CO by the few courses in the Denver area which is sad. There are great courses down South like Widefield and Pueblo (and many people really like Jellystone in Castle Rock as well) and there are very highly thought of courses North of Denver as well. I will always feel that my home State of Montana has the most underrated courses in the country, but Colorado is NOT overrated at all. Come play here for a month and see...the more the merrier I say!

That will be a rough time of year here, lots of rain, but I know Caleb and he will play any time of year, any weather. Hopefuly we will have the Buddha Tree down there again next year it's around the end of April begining of May, but it won't be a PDGA tourny again. If you wanted to make it out here for that you would get to see the course in the best shape. It's realy beautiful that time of year, but it's beautiful everytime of the year.

Winter - It had been raining all day and at the end of the round the rain cleared up and was beautiful. This was the same day as I took the picture of my friend Kim that ended up in the Innova callender.

24403_1239807157435_4943280_n.jpg

Spring - These are pictures from the Buddha Tree this year.

559645_3018241417180_1290663506_n.jpg

575109_3018407381329_1278186370_n.jpg

545754_3018417101572_1811044471_n.jpg

Summertime - This pic was from the day after Reggae On The River

383833_3561223471392_668916945_n.jpg

looks like fun.

i went to reggae on the river in either 88 or 89... think it was 88. that was fun too.

imo all the amenities in the world are worth about a half point in a review to me. as long as the navigation is ok and the tees are functional i'm good. i don't even really care for concrete tees all that much- they aggravate my plantar fasciitis like crazy.

i do understand your point however. i would put the 18 holes at hawk hollow against any set of holes on any course i've ever played but i wouldn't give it a 5 rating due to the course's rough edges. (it IS a cow pasture.)

looks like fun.

i went to reggae on the river in either 88 or 89... think it was 88. that was fun too.

I've been working security for ROTR for quite a few years. It is a great event. The last couple years it has been in Benbow instead of at Frenches Camp, next year it will be back at Frenches. You should come back to Reggae and then you can play BOP while you're here.

I'd actually hope that Texas and Cali have the most per area of 4+ courses. And I didn't see who mentioned it, but please don't judge COlo courses by Fort Morgan (Although I hear it's pretty good for what it is) We are like any other state we have our awesome (Pine/conifer/bailey area) and our WTF? (Cottonwood and Johnny Roberts on busy days) we also have a tremendous amount of "Why the hell did anyone bother to plant baskets here?" I'd love to get out and play some of the courses back east, it truly is one of my big regrets. I think every area brings different things to the table when it comes to courses and designs. Honestly a 800' hole on a mountain course with extreme elevation change seems kind of silly when there could be 2 holes with equal challenge in the same area. Just because a hole isn't long does not make it less difficult. I can't wait to throw some courses in NC, VA, WV and back in MI. :)

michigan has 16 rated 4 or better. this excludes 2 phenominal private courses in bluegill and fox creek. also excludes burchfield rivers edge and carlys playground which will both be 4+ when the reviews come in.

Latest posts