• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Stay away from Westside Misprint package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize they make no promises, but to me, it would make sense to include a disc from each speed category / stability at a minimum, and since that is what makes sense, it is what i expected. That is really my biggest beef. And limit the custom stamps to one of each kind in a pack. It isn't a difficult concept and would require only a smidgen of thought on the part of Dynamic to do it this way. Would any of you be disappointed if they actually put their packs together like i envisioned? Would you be more apt to order them or less apt if that was the case?

You ordered a misprint mystery box, not a starter pack.

As for the rest of your thoughts; maybe some folks would like them sent out this way, but where do you draw the line? Should some packages have different plastic blend options too? Should some just be driver, mid or putter options? By the time a company goes through all the trouble to cater to every level of misprint box option, they'd be better off recycling them or dumping them off to PIAS and not have to deal with the fickle public.

it's really just no biggie, as in everyday life, I see almost no companies, that care or try to the right thing for their customers. But i always let them and others know how they could do better.

Well, it does seem to be a biggie to you.

I'm not a trilogy fan, but from what I've seen, mystery boxes from any company are hit and miss. They sent you some popular molds, how are they supposed to know what you want or what you're capable of throwing?

If you want specific discs, you have one simple option, buy what it is you want from the get go, then you only have yourself to blame for choosing poorly. But you're butt hurt because you wanted to score a deal and lost. Get over it, move on and don't by anymore mystery packs.

Thread is not going how OP intended. Haha, complaining about what discs you got in a MYSTERY box.

Very true. However it really comes down one disc. I could handle receiving 4 of the 5 discs and be happy. The 1 out 5 complaint I have is something that could easily be addressed by the manufacturer, that would improve their product and my satisfaction greatly. But they choose not to care, so thus the thread.

All at my expense, so i have that right at a minimum.

While this is true, can you reconcile it with:

as in everyday life, I see almost no companies, that care or try to the right thing for their customers. But i always let them and others know how they could do better.

If you are taking the role of the company with the league players/prospective players as the customers, how would you expect customers to feel knowing that the company is keeping what they think as the best and then passing off the leftovers to the customers?

There are two different issues: how you feel about the deal, and the league/CTP prizes. The problem I see is trying to say that this is a bad deal because it is depriving your league of suitable CTP prizes. It isn't; it seems like it is your personal dissatisfaction at issue. If that is the case then leave it at that. No need to frame it as a loss for the league.

If you really want to improve your league, have you researched/surveyed whether they prefer CTP prizes over the cash? Do CTP prizes even matter to them that much, or is something else holding back participation? How much of the local player base are you reaching? Does your league have any perception problems?

To me, leagues/clubs are about regular, accessible times/places to enjoy playing. The people and the culture/atmosphere/environment are also important. Then course maintenance, fair payouts, etc. CTP prizes are way down the list; basically a bonus, even if it is just $1 from each entry.

Stick with me here. Misprints seem to be a way to get rid of the flawed discs from recent runs of molds. Maybe they haven't run any molds in the speed class you desire so they don't have any to give you.

Misprint boxes like these have never been about the discs. They're about clearing out the crap they can't sell to retailers. Seriously, give this up. You bought a random assortment of misprint discs and didn't randomly get what you wanted. Take it as the learning experience it is and pay for what you want next time instead of hoping someone filling your order can read your mind.

The point being that they could do this with zero more effort. But they obviously chose not to, even though they have the stock.

I have learned my lesson and won't be buying any more mystery boxes again.

Control driver.

*facepalm*

It would require much more effort for them to sort through their MISPRINTS and make everyone's mystery box into a neat little advanced golf set. You're dreamin

They were not obligated to give you a control driver. This is a misprint box.

There is no reason for you to be complaining. Your box has good variety, learn to get that ballista and enforcer up to speed.
I got a Discmania mystery box last year (10 pack) and it came with 4 CD3's. That would have given you a stroke I bet.

Stick with me here. Misprints seem to be a way to get rid of the flawed discs from recent runs of molds. Maybe they haven't run any molds in the speed class you desire so they don't have any to give you.

Misprint boxes like these have never been about the discs. They're about clearing out the crap they can't sell to retailers. Seriously, give this up. You bought a random assortment of misprint discs and didn't randomly get what you wanted. Take it as the learning experience it is and pay for what you want next time instead of hoping someone filling your order can read your mind.

The thing is that their website is full of misprints in the category I was looking for. I cannot find it now, but I did see some reference to receiving duplicate stamps if you ordered more than one set, but I ordered only 1 set. Does no one here think they would be better off not skipping speed 6-11 completely in these sets? i know they don't specify, but i would think common sense would prevail. I certainly will not order one of these again.

*facepalm*

It would require much more effort for them to sort through their MISPRINTS and make everyone's mystery box into a neat little advanced golf set. You're dreamin

They were not obligated to give you a control driver. This is a misprint box.

There is no reason for you to be complaining. Your box has good variety, learn to get that ballista and enforcer up to speed.
I got a Discmania mystery box last year (10 pack) and it came with 4 CD3's. That would have given you a stroke I bet.

it would not require more effort on their part. That is just bogus. It would be smart of them to do so though, as I won''t be trying and later purchasing any of these models I was sent (already tried most of them previously BTW). I would have tried something in the 9-11 speed range and if i liked it, i would buy more of that disc. I just think with 5 discs they could fill in that 6-11 hole and most customers would appreciate it. I certainly wouldn't have been happy with 4 CD3's either and would have posted as such on this site. That seems like a worse offense than i suffered through. Were you happy with getting 4 of them?

Anyone remember the Discraft ten pack misprint boxes? You'd get three or four Nukes or Surges, three or four Buzzzes, and whatever crap they had laying around to complete the box. Expectations are everything I guess.

Yep, I bought a few of those and that's why I no long buy random mystery or misprint boxes. Back when I got them, it was cool to try out a bunch of stuff, but now that I know where my interests lie, there's no way I'd do that again. It taught me to stay away from Nukes (of any variety) and I had a brief affair with the Tracker and even got a couple of nice Comets and Zones out of the deal.

it would not require more effort on their part. That is just bogus. It would be smart of them to do so though, as I won''t be trying and later purchasing any of these models I was sent (already tried most of them previously BTW). I would have tried something in the 9-11 speed range and if i liked it, i would buy more of that disc. I just think with 5 discs they could fill in that 6-11 hole and most customers would appreciate it. I certainly wouldn't have been happy with 4 CD3's either and would have posted as such on this site. That seems like a worse offense than i suffered through. Were you happy with getting 4 of them?

Its not a starter pack, the notion that a MYSTERY pack need to have one disc from every speed category I very unrealistic. Its not like their factory has the exact same number of midrange, putter, distance driver, and fairway driver X-out discs. Your disappointment is completely unwarranted, you weren't buying a starter pack.

The thing is that their website is full of misprints in the category I was looking for. I cannot find it now, but I did see some reference to receiving duplicate stamps if you ordered more than one set, but I ordered only 1 set. Does no one here think they would be better off not skipping speed 6-11 completely in these sets? i know they don't specify, but i would think common sense would prevail. I certainly will not order one of these again.

These are discs they can't send to retailers. If they don't run speed 6-11 discs, do you expect them to send non-misprints to fill the void? This is a mystery lot. You get what they give you, not some even distribution of their speed classes. Not trying to be mean at all. I just think your expectations were for, as said earlier, a starter pack and not a misprint mystery box. You got the misprint mystery box you ordered.

It took me two Discraft mystery boxes before I realized it was better to just buy what I wanted instead of hoping to hit the jackpot. Sounds like you're one box ahead of me already!

This humorous thread reminded me of a pair of Discraft misprint packs that I purchased in the past.

The combined discs from the two misprint boxes were:
2 FLX Challengers
8 Z/ESP Buzzz
2 Z Buzzz OS
2 FLX Drones
2 Ace Race Heats
2 Z Undertakers
3 ESP Avengers
2 ESP/FLX Avenger SS
2 ESP Surge
2 FLX Surge SS
7 Z/ESP Nukes
2 Z Nuke SS
4 Z/ESP Cranks

Most had regular stock stamps, but a handful has tournament stamps.

My favorite Discraft molds are the Zone, Comet, Hornet, Impact, Cyclone, XL, and Force. None of these were to be found. Haha.

I decided to buy the misprint packs to see what they would send, and this is what I got. I now know that if I have an idea of specific molds that I want, then I should purchase those specific molds.

I honestly can't even think of a single popular Westside control driver 7-9 speed. The only discs in that speed class that I'm aware of are also very overstable/meathooks, so if the Ballista seems too OS then the Ahti will take your fingers with it on release.

I think it's actually lucky that 4/5 discs are really popular non-Westside molds, and the Westside mid is a good one too. I agree that the Enforcer is a meathook and I think it really digs to the ground at the end of flight, but someone in your leagues will be excited for it I'm sure.

I really liked mystery boxes when I was starting, they are a fun way to try a lot quickly. Mainly now I just buy misprints if Discs I already know I like and the occasional new release

This is actually why i've never pulled the trigger on a mystery box. Even before I became particular about plastic and color.

I figured if there were popular molds for sale individually as mis-prints it was the leftover crap that wasn't selling that goes into the mystery boxes. Many companies have some decent disclaimers on the mystery boxes that kinda read to me like "warning you are going to get ugly discs no one throws."

In your box you got 5 discs people DO throw. your intended purpose was as a CTP prize. Put it out there and if the winner doesn't like it sure as **** someone else that day will happily take it.

it appears they didn't even try to give a decent assortment.

However it really comes down one disc. I could handle receiving 4 of the 5 discs and be happy.

The position has changed. Making progress. Unless 4 out of 5 is not considered a decent assortment.

So the complaint is now down to one disc. Consider that 4 new throwers will usually cost about $50 or more, unless they are all base plastic. So the one disc you are complaining about is essentially free.

Basically you are now complaining that the free disc you received isn't a control driver.

Distilled further: you are complaining about a free disc.

One perspective to think about.

You ordered a set of misprints, they give you great variety minus the one category of speed you wanted. Cry me a river.

I was a little salty about the CD3's, but there was no "offense" commited because I ordered a mystery box. They all had different stamps and plastic. So I traded a couple for some nice discs.

You got treated fairly and just don't understand exactly what you ordered or what you were going into. //End thread

Status
Not open for further replies.