• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Steady

Focus retool?

I was thinking that after this
I felt one at a trade show. Definitely a wizard type but a bit more shallow. I really liked the feel.

, but looking at the Focus' specs, that's a pretty serious retool.

Steady
21.2 = 176 max weight
1.4 rim depth
1.0 rim width
2.0 height

Focus
21.1 = 175.1 max weight
1.6 rim depth
1.0 rim width
2.1 height

This really does look like a new mold for DGA.

42268-you-had-my-curiosity-but-now-y-mk6z.gif

MAGNET
21.2=176.0 max wt
1.4 rim depth
0.8 rim width
2.0 height

REEF
21.2=176.0 max wt
1.4 rim depth
0.9 rim width
2.1 height

I don't really know what any of these numbers mean, but the Titanic has a 1.0 rim width, and the Sparkle Reef right above the Steady on the spec sheet looks pretty identical.

Maybe a Challenger top, big bead Magnet bottom?

This is great! They are missing a stable traditional depth putter that doesn't have the magnet/apx/reef type bottom.

So if this is a thinner shaped wizard/focus would it be more similar to the judge?

I've been lucky enough to throw these for the last 5-6 weeks. I think it really is worth giving a try! I've been putting with JK Aviars for 6+ years, and the transition to the Steady was almost effortless. I think if you are familiar with the Big Bead Aviars or Wizards, ect.. You will be right at home with the Steady! Also, this first run of D-Line plastic on them feels great! Not only is it very grippy, which I prefer, but it also seems to be above average on the durability. DGA definitely has a great disc with the Steady, I can't wait till I get one super beat in to work along side a new one!

It looks like a focus, which looks like a wizard lol. Anything that looks like that pretty much looks like a wizard. It appears to be shallower than a focus and I'm guessing a little less overstable.

I was thinking the same thing, Focus with a larger bead. The giveaway is the rounded(or beveled) nose.

I will definitely be buying a handful or so. This looks like a money putter that will kick my foci out. And the fact that they're going to be in a more durable D line is even better.
Now we wait for the Sp and prolines for driving putters!

Latest posts