• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

straight, distance FH disc

Any disc . . .

People for some reason always assume you can only FH overstable stuff:doh:

Wraith
Beast
Firebird
Monster
Teebird
XXX
Ape
Nuke
Predator
Banshee
Saint

...Need I go on? Any overstable disc fits that description. I tend to get a tiny bit more S-curve when I sidearm the Beast or Wraith, but with a slight adjustment they'd fly dead straight too.

Teebird?

Teebird!

When I threw the old mold beasts, I'd have to throw them with hyzer and have them flip flat, but they'd stay straight.

It throw both the sword and xcal sidearm for distance. The sword flips too much into a headwind but with a bit of hyzer in still or tail wind conditions it will fly a very very long way and nice and straight with an almost forward fade. The xcal if your throwing hard enough can be thrown flat and will resist any turn unless it's a very strong headwind, it will always have a very nice reliable fade on the end. Both are very nice discs and even though I wouldn't say a disc is a FH or BH disc these definitely suit forehand nicely.

I Just started using a DGA RipTide as main FH disc, pretty flat with a low profile and smaller rim.
It just feels right for FH, its a little OS new, but the Proline plastic breaks in nice and stays stable enough to give the disc a good rip.

I throw wraith and sidewinder for FH distance.

The wraith just goes dead straight and barely fades when I FH it. My go to FH.

The sidewinder will get a nice S to it and go farther for me.

I frequently FH midrange tho. Still lots of distance and more control. Good way to stay par on unfamiliar courses.

165g goldline riot has brought some win to some test flights. not opto.. goldline make sire its flat.

Latest posts