• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

straight, distance FH disc

See, I just put the old mold Beast back in the bag today - playing a course where it will be utilized for this very thing!!

I like my gateway apache for straight and anhyzer FH shots. I get a fair amount of snap for a FH throw and to me you almost have to throw it like you are trying to throw a hyzer if you want it to go straight and not S-curve but it works great for me for tunnel shots. I used to have a beat to hell champion Wraith that got found by a dog and that thing flew straight but I lost it again and did not hear from anyone.

S-PD 166, dead straight to 350' everytime. A beat DX EX does about the same thing.

people mentioning crazy overstable drivers like an Xcal must be throwing 450+

I love sidearming Eagle-x's or champ glow tee-birds (11x) up to 300' New you can pull flat and they fight back, beat to heck they throw with hyzer flip up and fade back. Great anny sidearm discs for left turns that finish straight or gently back right.

Can't beat used Star destroyers in any mold configuration, unless you get the SDS pop top ones. Those wont fly straight.

I like the river and monarch... Very little wind is ideal for these. Katana handles better in the wind.

im more looking for something i can throw flat that will go straight, straighter than my eagle

Straight is magic. For all of us there is a disc which when thrown flat and straight at our own personal, normal driving power will go flat and straight. That disc varies for each of us depending on our power and form and amount of flutter.

So your straight disc is not my straight disc unless we have near identical form and power. I throw forehand with average distance of 380' in Golf Distance (not wide open field distance) and my straight disc is a Z Flash.

If you ever happen to find your magical straight disc then buy a stack of them. It took me over a decade of searching before I found mine. In the meantime I found a bunch of discs which came close, which are also very useful. But perfectly straight is the best.

All I throw is forehand and have tried almost every disc out there!

For straight distance I throw

A Champ Beast not brand new but not old or it will flip (Super straight line)
A Champ Katana (S Curve Line)
A Blizzard Katana New (Straight with minimal fade)
A Legacy Cannon (My favorite disc for distance, really fast goes straight with a little S) If you don't throw hard it will meat hook it's a speed 14

try a star vulcan i can get a real nice straight shot out of mine and great distance if your a noodle arm stay in upper 160s is your not as noodly you can go alittle higher

Latest posts