• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] straight roc replacement

brian j

Double Eagle Member
i love rocs and used to carry 3 in various stages of wear. unfortunately i just lost my beat straight roc leaving a big ol' hole in my heart. can anyone make a recommendation of something i can use until my stable roc beats in more?

You could easily find a beat Roc in the marketplace. Saves buying a disc you might not use again.

WARSHIP!!!!

Now is a great time to try out a fantastic disc. Powered down it will act just like your Roc, but powered up it has tons of glide.

a nice fresh heavy weight Flat Axis is very straight with more glide than a ROC. Still has a touch of fade at the end.

Go to play it again sports and see if they have one in the used bin or buy one here in the marketplace. Or get a comet.

I will third the Comet, and the Super Stingray is another great straight disc.

Legacy ghost should meet your needs, very straight flying midrange in a nice durable plastic.

of course i would say just get another roc or several so you can beat them all in and not have this problem :p .. but if you have to go another way Comet would be my first choice for sure .. but as others have said i have heard good things about the Warship, Ghost, etc. just havent thrown them

Axis?

I switched from the Roc to the Axis because I wanted something that flew straighter out-of-the-box. I still have a nicely seasoned KC Pro Roc, but it took months to get to that sweet neutral spot, and I was worried about losing it, plus the time it would take to beat another one in.

The Axis is super straight. It is sensitive to wrist-role, but I consider that a good thing since it has helped me to work on throwing clean.

It flies a little longer than the Roc for me, and has a bead, so they felt similar in the hand. Holds lines from hard hyzer to hard anny and everything in between. I use this for about 95% of my midrange shots now, and I even hit an ace with it last month on a dead straight 200 foot hole.

Man, sorry for sounding like an MVP infomercial. But this disc really has been great for my game.

i'll just list a bunch of the mids that can be thrown straight with relative ease in one post so we can end this.

Lycan
Coyote
Mako
Shark
Skeeter
Core
MD2
Axis
Buzzz
Aftershock
Hawk
Comet

esp or z comet for outta the box goodness...or just get a nicely seasoned roc from the mp.

Latest posts