• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Straight stable, high glide, high fade fairways

wims

Double Eagle Member
I'm looking for a straight stable fairway driver that also has a ton of low speed fade. I got a Teebird and it's straight and stable, but it kinda got that so-called forward penetrating fade. I'm looking for a disc that flies like the Teebird, except that it fades harder to the left instead of fading forward. I got a Spark that one could think that flies like that, the numbers are 7 4 0 3, but that thing is a total meathook, super overstable utility like a Firebird. I'm thinking perhaps an Eagle or a Saint Pro. Are there other options?

Prodigy F2.

Great glide, very straight when thrown flat and hard, but, always ends with a healthy fade. It's a beefier Teebird without getting into meathook territory.

Saint Pro is nice and straight, but it wont be what you want. I like the AJ/Brinster Teebird suggestion.

You could also take a look at the up and coming DD Convict.

Last edited:
I'm not sure your first two requirements fit with "high fade." Straight-stable and high glide has a lot of options. You'll be hard pressed to find "high fade" without overstable + low glide.

the description of this disc sounds about right for what you want:

http://www.discmania.net/product/fd2/

"The FD2 is a reliable speed 7 workhorse fairway driver for all skill levels. It's not too glidey to avoid you from sailing off-target and it has a low-speed fade you can depend on. Packed with a nice amount of high speed stability, this disc gives you nice straight lines when thrown flat and hard. The more power you put behind this disc, the straighter lines you will see it perform. When thrown more gently, the fade will kick in earlier in flight making cutting corners easier."

get an AJ Star Teebird or a Brinster Teebird...much beefier versions...

This would be a good place to start. If you have a local shop you might try to find a teebird with a slightly higher plh. The fade will start a little sooner.
I picked up a spark and mine is a meathook too. My spark is much more firebird than teebird.

So AJ, Brinster, F2 and the FD2 are the most popular runners at the moment. I looked up the EXP1, apparently it's more of a utility type Felon / Spark kind of disc than a stable fairway driver.

What about the Teebird+? I read somewhere that it flies slightly more stable than normal Teebirds

What about the Teebird+? I read somewhere that it flies slightly more stable than normal Teebirds

Not in my experience. Im one of the few who likes the plus mold. The only difference really is the lip of the rim. It feels slightly better in my hand but the difference is minimal. Flight I would say is pretty damn close to identical. The plus mold might actually have a bit less fade.

Trident is the only thing I can think of. Season one up. The flight you are looking for really isn't something that's going to happen with a fresh disc, but a seasoned up gl trident will do it. Other discs don't have the same glide, trident has a wider diameter that just helps it hang in the air more. It's an extremely useful disc that started taking over a lot of my teebird shots for hyzers or straight to fade the more I threw it. Maybe a brinster or aj tb would do it but I never liked them that much.

The things you are looking for basically aren't really compatible. Pick two.

Last edited:
Non-FAF Firebird?
I have a 168g Champion and it flies like this.

I agree with the Brinster, mine flies like a mini FB though. Beef.

Rival in heavier weights?

If you like the Teebird flight but want a bit more fade, then I would suggest (as others have) a Brinster.

So AJ, Brinster, F2 and the FD2 are the most popular runners at the moment. I looked up the EXP1, apparently it's more of a utility type Felon / Spark kind of disc than a stable fairway driver.

The EXP1 was the first thing that came to mind when I read your OP. The Banshee is more of a Felon / Spark kind of disc. The EXP1 is basically a Banshee L. It has more distance/glide but keeps the hard and reliable fade.

AJ/brinster bird, or an eagle X. Eagle x will break in to show some turn but it's got a very healthy, reliable fade

I pair a Champ Banshee with my Teebirds. It will go straight for a bit and then dump hard left at the end. (RHBH) Not much glide though.

Latest posts