• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Straightest and longest flying disc for tunnel shots

chowee21

Par Member
Picture this: the basket is straight ahead of you at X feet ( let X= slightly less than your max drive distance) and there is only a 15 ft wide path with tall trees and brush lining the edges.

What would you throw?

I would throw a champ tee bird. If you are looking for a distance driver, the westside sword in opto is pretty unique in that it doesn't have much lateral movement.

lol, if there was a 15ft wide fairway of that length (slightly less than my max distance) i'd probably get a mid out and go some of the way and then approach and take my three.

My broken in gstar teebird flips up with no fade at about 60% so it's great for hitting the line

I would hyzerflip a destroyer and pray
or throw a flat teebird shot and hopefully end in the middle

Nate doss surge on a forehand with a small hyzer flip keep it low and watch it fly dead straight.

lol, if there was a 15ft wide fairway of that length (slightly less than my max distance) i'd probably get a mid out and go some of the way and then approach and take my three.

This. If the round matters, would definitely disc down and try to take a three. No matter what I'm throwing definitely throwing a hyzer flip.

seasoned Kc roc, thrown flat. No worries. As long as I throw it flat and hard enough there will be maybe 3-4 feet of lateral play, tops.

Maybe a patriot or comet from a standstill, but probably a roc.

If the trees are tall enough where I have some height, Alias or Tangent, otherwise beat Crave or Stalker.

Either a mid or a flippy driver flipped up for the laser. If it's an important round, I'll be happy with the 3

With that skinny of a tunnel I'd throw a Truth which should leave me with about 120' to get up and down from my max drive distance.

Buzzz SS, has been extremely dependable to me, flies straight and ends straight when thrown flat.

Beat TB on a hyzerflip. Or A Stable mid ripped flat and hard. Both can net 300+ feet for me.

Depending on the distance;
Hyzer flip a beat KC Roc
Hyzer flip a Leopard
beat Teebird
Escape.

If the risk reward is too high, I'd play it safe and go for par.

I've thrown my beat FR Amp 250 feet on a frozen rope before. It's scary straight. But I've also missed the angle of release and smacked it off the first tree. So I'd probably be like New and play it safe.

Latest posts