• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Straightest Fairway You've Ever Thrown

1st by a lot: Cyclone

Tied for 2nd: Stalker, XL, A-SS, Leo, TL, River

I think the Cyclone flips less than most others being mentioned, and doesn't fade any harder.

Beat in C-line FD Jackal. Straight as an arrow in the beginning, with the most minimal required fade at the tail.

I assume a beat S-line would take out that last touch of fade.

Speed is the enemy of straight.

This might be the wisest things I've ever read on this forum.

To you DX teebird throwers, I tend to doubt. I've had two dx teebirds, both of which hit that straight flight for maybe a week before beating into turning machines.

Last run CE TL. There is a reason I have 12 backups for it.

wish I had known back then that we would never see the plastic again...sigh. These and the SE TLs (brand new) were nothing but nuts straight.

To you DX teebird throwers, I tend to doubt. I've had two dx teebirds, both of which hit that straight flight for maybe a week before beating into turning machines.

Indeed they won't hold the straight flight for long, but I'd say 1-2 months, depending where you play ofc. I bag two; one in sweet spot straight flyer and one very beat for wooded courses that I just bend back to shape after every tree hit(for lazer hyzerflips and late turns, fade was gone after the first time it went taco). Dx beats in fast but stays there fair amount of time IMO. Plus the grip in rain/snow is awesome.

I do have a beat-in star version for straight shots too, but lack of glide and grip keeps it that way, as a backup.

Flat release, Star Teebird
Straightest, most consistent, though, is a Champ Leo powered down with a bit of hyzer.

Hands down -> River, Gold Line, 170

I had one exactly like this but just lost it. I owned for about 2 years and it had a significant fade until it's demise. It was an awesome disc, but I would hardly call it straight.

You need to consider arm strength as well. What turns for you probably doesn't for me.