• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Streamline Drift

PMantle

* Ace Member *
From their Site,

The Drift is a stable-understable fairway driver.
The Drift is designed for laser straight lines ending with a gentle fade and an exceptional amount of glide, providing easy distance with this highly versatile driver. The Drift has a modest rim size, a slightly domed profile, and an easily activated turn for hyzer-flips or big turnover shots. The Drift will make its grand debut in Neutron Plastic, pairing perfectly with its bright opaque colors, durability, and grip. This Speed 7 driver is the first fairway driver in the Streamline fleet and continues the trend of stunning triple-foil stock stamps.

7/5/-2/1

This is one I may try. Kinda looks Eagleish. TLish?
home18-drift-stock.jpg

their take on a leopard3.

I like the trace as a distance driver, so am eager to try one of these. maybe I can go back go solo molds instead of gyro..lol

if it can replace my oop elasto underworld, I will be a happy camper.

Did Streamline start out using flight numbers? This mold looks sweet. Hope it comes in lighter weights.

Did Streamline start out using flight numbers? This mold looks sweet. Hope it comes in lighter weights.

Yea. This is a quote Aim posted last winter about the Trace.

Trace Model Specs
Speed 11 Glide 5 Turn -1 Fade 2
Weights: 164g - 175g
Rim width: 21mm
Diameter: 21.2cm
The Trace is a straight-stable distance driver.
The Trace has a manageable 21mm rim width and straight-stable flight that places it squarely in the Speed 11 Power Straight market. The Trace's moderate dome is smooth and even, with a shoulder and depth that yields excellent glide. Most players will be able to stand the Trace up on a hyzerflip, but the Trace will soak up plenty of power before being pushed off its straight line. Its ending fade is smooth but dependable for easy ranging.

Last edited:
Kinda bummed. I love the pilot and trace, and was hoping for a mid to be next. The drift sounds like a good disc, but I'm not looking to replace my Eagle-L, and if I did, it would be with my leopard3. Still glad to see another mold finally come out. MVP doesn't seem to be putting much effort into Streamline. Maybe their Gyro propaganda is working too well.

Like I need another River/Leo3/FD/TL/TL3 - 'ish' disc.... but this one looks very interesting. :popcorn::thmbup:

haha exactly - I have almost allllll my discs filled with the 'duty' I need - the one slot that I have multiple mold options for ----the elusive Straight fairway driver / slightly understable. I have an FD, TL, F5, Amp, and more probably - and the problem....they're all good. I can't decide. :confused:

haha exactly - I have almost allllll my discs filled with the 'duty' I need - the one slot that I have multiple mold options for ----the elusive Straight fairway driver / slightly understable. I have an FD, TL, F5, Amp, and more probably - and the problem....they're all good. I can't decide. :confused:

I have a slightly different problem. FD is a staple for stable to slightly understable but I struggle with the slightly overstable slot. Tried Teebirds, Rivals, Undertaker...I kinda like them all but don't love them. Currently have a 'candy' Pinnacle Rival in the bag but have toyed with dropping that slot and just power down my S and P PDs.

I have a slightly different problem. FD is a staple for stable to slightly understable but I struggle with the slightly overstable slot. Tried Teebirds, Rivals, Undertaker...I kinda like them all but don't love them. Currently have a 'candy' Pinnacle Rival in the bag but have toyed with dropping that slot and just power down my S and P PDs.

Slightly OS spot.....go with a Teebird3 - its my jam...and its Stapled.. OS...firebird (occasionally Resistor) Understable=Patriot. ;)

Eagle? Exodus? Stalker?

Not trying to participate in a thread-jacking but you sir need Mint Alphas, lots of 'em.

Eagle? Exodus? Stalker?

I like ALL those discs. I actually miss my stalker. I think a disc that flies true to 7/5/0/1 would be great - I know a lot have those "numbers" but a disc that is high speed stable with minimal fade, right now im using an Amp and its pretty good. I like the F5 as well, Eagles are great but once they're beat in good. Exodus is an Eagle L in star plastic, cant go wrong but actually has more fade than expected, too much for that STRAIGHT finish I'm looking for. Its a tough one, its all about how you throw/play the disc. Lord knows I don't need any more fairway drivers. :D

*cough*crave*cough*

I liked the crave but to me it was the flight of a distance driver - and shape, but speed 6. It's peculiar. I like it....yes....but it would turn like a driver and then late hard fade like that of a champ Valkyrie. Its good, I like it, great for out shots like thumbers. Feels nice. But just wasn't the kinda flight im hoping for. So far the Eclipse Amp was the closest in the MVP family. FD is close but so much glide makes it ridiculous. I like the Patriot - its more US generally but can be finessed well. idk. I have plenty of time to get new discs - this year is not that time. I am trying to UNLOAD discs at this time. Gotta pay for stuff

Eagle? Exodus? Stalker?

Stalker was one of my first loves. Still have a few but kinda thought it flew a similar line to a C FD. I'll pull them out and throwvthem again.

All I need is to fall for the Eagle/Exodus. I already have more $ and storage space devoted to this slot than any other.

Star Eagle X. It only gets better as it seasons.

Alphas are molded by MVP, right?

They're definitely MVP plastic. If you want to check an alpha out I'd say go for a 2nd run light blue eternal plastic. It's got that nice bit of give I like in a champ-like plastic, flies 8/4/0/2, powers down fine yet will take a ton of power and fly true.

Meh. It's fine, but Teebird reigns supreme.

I tried a 167 champ teebird in the field with my Alphas the other day just because, it seemed to come up short of my alphas on about every shot. I don't care for the dome on my champ teebird either. I know tons of pros/casual players love them and they work great for them, just not for me.