• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Streamline Echo

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I just received a new, stock stamp Streamline Echo in Neutron, so I took it to the field to compare to the following...

Neutron Hex (Seasoned, but not beat.)
Proton Hex (New 2023 OTB Open)
Aura Pathfinder (New Bee stamp.)

All discs are 173-174g.

Feel - The Echo is just a hair deeper than the others, which all feel the same. It's barely noticeable, though. If I hadn't heard that in a previous review, I may not have even noticed. I'm pretty sensitive to depth, especially on forehand throws, and it was a non-issue for me. Wing shape is very similar between all of them.

Flight - The new Neutron Echo flies most similarly to my seasoned Neutron Hex. The only difference I was able to discern is a bit more LSS (i.e. fade) with the Echo.

The new Proton Hex and new Aura Pathfinder fly almost exactly the same. They both have just a bit more HSS (i.e. less turn) than the season Neutron Hex or new Neutron Echo and a bit more LSS than the new Neutron Echo (which, like I said, has just a bit more than my seasoned Neutron Hex). The Pathfinder may have just a tiny fraction more LSS than the Proton Hex, but I'm really splitting hairs here. The new Proton Hex flies like I remember my Neutron Hex flew when new.

Bottom line - From my small sample size, I would say that the Neutron Hex, Proton Hex and Aura Pathfinder all fly & feel the same when new. Pick whichever is available. And, if you're looking for a seasoned Hex flight out of the box, the Echo would be an excellent choice.

That's great to hear because my seasoned Hex is one of my most thrown and favorite discs. I'm attempting to cycle them, but Neutron just takes so long to beat in. If I were to lose my 2 year old Hex, I'd be in trouble.

I was honestly surprised at the stability of the Echo. I got one to see if it would compete with my Fuse, but seems closer to a Truth than a Fuse.

I was honestly surprised at the stability of the Echo. I got one to see if it would compete with my Fuse, but seems closer to a Truth than a Fuse.

Mine definitely flies more like a neutral disc than an US disc. If it seasons like my Neutron Hex (and I expect that it will), it will lose a bit of its finish but that's about it, and it will be a very slow process getting there.

Latest posts