• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Streamline Runway

LOVE some of the colors they have...

eY9nQyu.png

SrUbtuy.png

interesting to note that they compare it to the deflector which is 14.5mm but the runway is a 13mm disc like the Vector. Will have more glide than the deflector and slightly less fade.

Now i look forward to Axiom releasing a 13mm with more glide yet and 0 turn / 3 fade

Last edited:
MVP and it's sister companies have a weird release schedule. They tend to do their distance driver releases back to back with mvp/axiom at the same stability. The theory and proxy came out very close together. Now they put 2 overstabke mids our back to back. I get that they're separate companies but it's been a hole in their lineup for a long time.

Gotta hop on that OS mid gravy train. Clearly people are buying these discs if every company is rushing to make one, but I gotta wonder if Streamline is a little late to the party. I'm interested to watch some reviews of the Runway, but I can't imagine myself buying one since I just got an OS mid from another company. I imagine lots of other people are in the same boat if they bought an Anvil, Rat, Gator3, or Deflector.

Gotta hop on that OS mid gravy train. Clearly people are buying these discs if every company is rushing to make one, but I gotta wonder if Streamline is a little late to the party. I'm interested to watch some reviews of the Runway, but I can't imagine myself buying one since I just got an OS mid from another company. I imagine lots of other people are in the same boat if they bought an Anvil, Rat, Gator3, or Deflector.

Agreed - but what EVERY COMPANY NEEDS IS a ZONE -- and discraft really is the ONLY one that makes a Zone or Zone-like disc ---- Prodigy attempted with the A1 and A2 but I don't like them as much --- the Zone is perfect and if there is a Gyro Zone - IE more OS Envy (no NOT the particle)

if they did that instead of the Runway it would have been a smarter move

Agreed - but what EVERY COMPANY NEEDS IS a ZONE -- and discraft really is the ONLY one that makes a Zone or Zone-like disc ---- Prodigy attempted with the A1 and A2 but I don't like them as much --- the Zone is perfect and if there is a Gyro Zone - IE more OS Envy (no NOT the particle)

if they did that instead of the Runway it would have been a smarter move

I agree, critically good class of discs that get less love. I think many have tried, but not quite got it right. FWIW, I do like the A1/A2 a lot. A1 has got a bit of a magic combo of fast Zone/slow Justice going that I like. I find it even slightly more OS than the Zone. Prodiscus Jokeri is overlooked in this slot as well - I consider than a Zone light. Perhaps a half speed faster, longer and straighter, but still OS. After bagging those two, the Zone got worked out of rotation. I like having that resolution down at that speed to choose from.

Any longer than those two on beef lines, I just power down on a Felon. Which doesn't leave much of a hole for Runway in my bag, coming full circle...

Seems like an M1/Verdict competitor. Glad to see more from Streamline though - can't argue with the quality and price.

2 rounds in and I'm liking it. It's not Deflector overstable (thankfully) but it's overstable enough to sit left of that crowded moderately overstable mid category like Emac Truth, Wasp, etc. It's more Quake level overstable. It just feels really good in the hand IMO and I was hitting hyzers through the woods with ease. If the Vector or N Matrix aren't beefy enough and the Tensor feels terrible to you, check it out. Actually, a domey 1st run Vector is really close to what it flies like, just feels better.

Mine hasn't left my bag since it was released, and it's becoming one of my most reliable discs. For me it has the perfect amount of glide: low enough to have that trusty dumping fade that you'd expect from an OS mid, but high enough that I get some nice distance before it fights out of an anhyzer. Great disc.

Got to handle a friends runway today (no throwing, though). I like the feel. I really like the smaller diameter, also. So, the disc has piqued my interest.

I am on a never ending quest to find a disc that will help me consolidate: from a Verdict and Zone to one disc.

I was wondering, with the smaller diameter, if the runway may be a contender in this... quest. Thiughts/opinions? I push 375/400 with a trespass, and continue to try to get to a mold minimalized state. Thanks!

REVIVE:
So I picked up a Runway - Neutron (white) 173g - Flat top nice feel, semi-flex. I have previously used a BuzzzOS for a significantly OS mid...but I've also used a Justice, and recently the Pyro - I've thrown a Deflector so my sample size isn't huge but What I can say about the Runway...it IS OS. Its not glideless either, it actually has a nice little carry to it. The feel is nice in both FH and BH, seems to take flex lines really well as it kicks in pretty quick to the fade, I feel the smaller diameter makes it nicer for threading those flex lines. I would agree with the flight # they give it, which I believe is: 5/4/0/3.5 - it seems about right. If comparing to Justice or Deflector I feel its less aggressively OS and more glide (pretty expected there) One thing to remember about OS discs - the MORE OS doesn't mean more LEFT finish, infact when is disc is SO OS, though the fade is aggressive, that usually ends up in the disc SPIKING down (especially with low glide) and so that Right Left finish for a RHBH won't go AS left as say a only moderately OS disc.
The Runway can absolutely fill the spot as a significantly OS mid and approach disc, it shows enough glide but does still get to the ground, it had a decent spike - I noticed more skip on lower lines. But not crazy skippy even for a mid - what would be expected really

Feel/plastic: Its good. haha not much to say, its fairly unique in that its almost 'squared' but I don't feel a major bead and its not like any other mid in how its shaped, but it has a heavier topside/shoulder making it OS and...welp, that's it - I like the feel of the plastic and the design.

I'm glad I picked this up, I prefer it over the Buzzz OS in flight and feel, but theres nothing wrong with a B-OS, justice, deflector or any other OS mid you like. Runway is a good addition and for the price and plastic quality, a Neutron Runway is a great option and so far seems super easy to replace since they made a good amount of them.

The Quake and Runway seem to be interchangeable. Is there any difference between the two?

So I was baggin an ESP Zone and the Neutron Runway. I feel the Runway really acts (for me) like a longer Zone. Really similar in when it takes its angles and how hard it cuts/fades. Its not stupid OS, but its definitely OS enough. I just need to work on the range as I was blasting past my target this weekend but the shape is definitely there.

Latest posts