• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck at 320

Antonsont3

so for the past 4 months i've been stuck at 320 with all my discs. I throw a champ teebird, champ beast, and a Z surge ss. the teebird has the straightest flight path but all end up at 320. Oh and i throw my buzz around 260.. any suggestions?

Throw a nuke or start taking steroids, both are viable options the first is a bit more reasonable.

ill try to get a vid up tonight at some point. i have tried my buddy's nuke and i just don't like it all that much

I've been there for my entire time playing disc golf. Now i'm stuck at 69 PDGA wins. Neither are anything to be too concerned about. Life will go on.

I'm in the same 320 boat as you!!! I'll get a 350-360 sometimes but 320 is the magic # for me!

I'm in a similar boat, and getting my mids out to 250-270, and drivers out to 290-310, so I can relate.

I've recently started focusing on arm speed, and specifically trying to throw faster instead of harder. Without even holding a disc, I'm swinging my arms back and forth and trying to go faster and faster.

It seems like the only way to go really fast is to squat a bit, and use the legs and torso muscles to propel the relaxed arms around with a specific timing, which seems to match what I've been reading online for months now.

I find it hard to grip with the hand and control the wrist while using the legs and torso so aggressively and letting the arms be relaxed so the throwing arm can whip around.

im with ya guys/gals.. im stuck in the 300-320ish range.. max w/ sidewinders and surges.. so im discn down for a bit and see if i can work on some things to get my distance up.. im pretty acurate around 300 and can putt so im trying not to let my distance bother me that much but its hard when so many can crush 400 these days. But like Jen kinda said i think its more about a constant acceleration instead of worrying about throwing so hard... i really need to just find a camera so i can post a video and get some decent feedback on here

Last edited:
at least i know im not the only one, gonna try some of those tips in that thread hopefully they work!

^^^^ it takes time but they will help for sure.. i just have the most trouble un-learning what i have been doing wrong lol

Focusing on getting as good release, and discing down to mids and putters for a while, has been paying off for me. I'm still not long off the tee, but after 6 months my putter drives have increased from 180 to 230, my mids have increased from 220 to 260, and my teebirds have increased from 250 to 300. I used to hit 250 with a sidewinder and 270 with a wraith. Who knows what it might be now? But my problem remains getting that distance consistently, and accurately. My effective accurate distance is only about 220 with a roc. My drivers still just get me in trouble.

^^^glad to hear Jen! .. i have only been discn down for bout 2 weeks now but i hope after 6 months ill have a nice increase like that too

Throw a nuke or start taking steroids, both are viable options the first is a bit more reasonable.

DO NOT DO THIS, the throwing a nuke part. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to throw all those discs farther then that. Just keep working on your form. Reaching far back and making sure that your X step is correct and that you are turning your back to your target when driving and making sure that you are pulling straight thru ur chest and get some nice snap.